|Sent on:||Friday, July 13, 2012 1:42 PM|
Although we love talking about transmedia, we thought it was time for a little action. TransmediaSF is organizing its very first Jam week-end for all the storytellers out there who like to play with media, create stories, juggle with platforms, and experiment new forms of storytelling. In the spirit of hackathons and game jams, the Transemdia Jam will gather a community of adventurous game designers, developers, filmmakers, writers, video producers, theatre people, hackers and other transmedia curious creatives eager to jam together.
Over a week-end, participants will have the opportunity to meet passionate people, form a team, produce disruptive projects in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and receive kudos! Teams will present their work in front a high profile jury and get the opportunity to test their ideas and get constructive feedback. But most of all, this is about teamwork and community. Come over to exchange skills, share best practices and experiment with other enthusiastic media lovers. There will be hard work, there will be sweat, but most of all, it’ll be fun. You should be part of this.
Click here for more info about the Jam!
The Transmedia Jam will take place from July 20-22 at Fordela corporate offices - 900 Kearny Street Suite 500 San Francisco, California 94133.
To apply, click here or fill out the form below.
HERE'S what you need to do before next Monday.
1) click above link to apply individually or here http://transmediajam.com/apply.html
a) when filling out form where it says
answer like this:Will you be bringing your own Laptop / System? *
b) where it says thisanswer like this:
2) Sign up for Google+ and email me your gmail account number, so I can setup a Google Hangout for us. This is what we will use to collaborate before the event, and during. It's also the only way we can send our final product (our first Transmedia Seattle Group Transmedia Project on to SF and the Transmedia Jam judges on Saturday night.
Send me an email when you have signed up at http://transmediajam.com/apply.html
And let the fun begin! Please if you have ANY desire to participate in Transmedia Creation with a friendly bunch of Seattle Storytellers at your side, and a virtual connection to San Francisco's hottest Transmedia group while you are building- DON'T MISS out on this!
To Recap- Your Mission: Should you accept- and you WAY should
1) Apply here http://transmediajam.com/apply.html
2) sign up for Google+ - (even if you already have gmail)
3) hook up with me at my gmail - [address removed]
4) Help me setup and test a Google Hangout that we can use to participate remotely @ Transmedia Jam 2012
Please let me know if you need help setting up or figuring out where/how to apply.
THIS IS THE IDEAL Introduction to Transmedia event of the Year. So don't feel intimidated.
Enthusiasm, Passion, Storytelling- and a little help from our friends will carry the day. But I know y'all have mad skills- so why not bring those too......
I know it's the midst of summer, thunder and lightning overhead- but this is a World Premiere event - like WoodStock, like Lalapaloosa- like a saner, slightly geekier yet cheaper version of Tough Mudder...
But with the same potential for community, both real and virtual.... BE TEAM Transmedia Seattle.
Brad Tollefson/Transmedia Seattle