Triptrotting is a global community that connects travelers with like-minded locals through activities, events and one on one. Since its launch in 2011 Triptrotting community has expanded its footprint to over 2000 cities in 150 countries. Triptrotting's first angel round came from Bill Gross' Idealab in early 2011. In May of 2012 Triptrotting announced an oversubscribed $1.5mm seed round from Google Ventures, 500 Startups, WI Harper Group, Golden Seeds, Mark Suster's LaunchpadLA and other prominent investors. Triptrotting also announced in May relaunch of the site, adding global activities and events.
Aigerim Shorman is Co-Founder of Triptrotting.com. Born and raised in Kazakhstan, Aigerim is a true nomad. She has traveled to almost 30 countries and lived on 3 continents. Aigerim moved to the United States for college and worked in investment banking in NYC and then as Teach For America corps member in LA prior to starting Triptrotting. She graduated from University of Southern California in 2007.
Why attend? Learn:
- From an idea to actual product without technical co-founders
- Successful and not very successful fundraising strategies
- Pluses and minuses of being in travel industry as a startup, as it relates to funding and growth
- Listening to your users and evolving the product to address their pain points
- Beer and network with awesome people in travel and starup!
7:00-8:15pm: Introduction, Discussion, Q&A
8:15-8:45pm: More networking and wrap-up