Treehouse DC Message Board › Design for Neckbeards: How to get started if you have a great, ugly idea
|A former member||
"Design for Neckbeards" would be a meetup focused on design principles with the greatest value for non-experts. We don't want to learn color theory or typography; once we start generating revenue, we'll be able to afford someone with that experience. What we want is a set of rules-of-thumb for design to get us launched.
- Rule of thirds
- HSV color wheel (https://kuler.adobe.c...)
- Cedric might be able to lead a discussion
- Examples of good design: Path and Flipboard
- Deep.app (http://www.ironicsoft...)
- Talk to potential customers, show them sample designs and ask for feedback (paneling)
- Pick a good color and play with saturation to build a pallette
- What are some general color "moods"?