Suggest that we:
· Show at 9:30 AM
· Go at 10:00 AM
· Wear a Bike Helmet
· Plan on going slow – kids, idiots, etc., on the Broadwalk
· Broadwalk - one way 2-1/2 miles and it should take about 15 - 20 minutes to leisurely pedal the one way.
· Then, for those who wish to go further, continue on Surf Road – a single lane, one way paved road, that runs another 1.4 miles to Dania Beach Blvd and the Pier at John U Lloyd Park.
· Then for the die-hards, there is the Park itself, with its own roads.
· Decide as a group to go together to a place of our little group’s choosing - on the trip North, we will see lots of places - pick a favorite - on the way South we can stop individually or as a group where we all want to.
- Bring along a Good Bike Lock ... when we stop - and we will, make sure your bike stays your bike
· AND … Since we are AT the beach, we can also plan to just go TO the beach – maybe at the parking lot area where your vehicle is. Stow the bikes in the vehicles, grab the beach stuff and take a swim in the ocean with your friends.
Hey everybody. Big Steve has been in our group for a few years now and he wanted me to post this event. He lives in Hollywood now and thought it would be a great idea to do have a bike event and some other options for those that are interested. Since it is his first event I am going to limit this to 20 people. RSVP only if you are going. There will be another Meetup group from Hollywood coming as well as we have invited them.
Here is the write up. If you have any questions put them in the comment section below. Steve will respond to your questions as best he can.
Here you go:
Meet at the North end of the Parking Lot – between Azalea Terrace and Jefferson Street – behind the Summit Condo’s Twin Towers.
Parking lot and on street meters - $ 2 per hour … yeah, I know … and it is rigidity enforced.
AIA/South Ocean Drive – drive South of Hollywood Blvd. ½ mile to Azalea Terrace just South of the Summit Condo’s Twin Towers – East to the Ocean – 1 block, and then North to the Parking Lot – 1 block.
I will be hanging at the North end of the Parking Lot. You can find me easily enough – I will be on a big, black Specialized Crosstrail, Black Helmet, Levis and grey work shirt.
Another Meet-Up courtesy of Tri County ….