Welcome to the Tri-Valley Agile Leadership Network!
This is our first Meet-up in Pleasanton and we are excited to kickoff with a world renown luminary & author, Kenny Rubin, CST. This Agile meetup is free and hosted by local Agile Coaches and leaders.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Announcing "Strategies for Agile Portfolio Management" featuring Kenny Rubin (CST), author of best selling book, "Essential Scrum"
- 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Networking
- 7:00 PM - 7:10 PM Welcome/ Announcements/ Introductions
- 7:10 PM - 8:30 PM Presentation & Activity with Kenny Rubin, CST
- 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM Wrap up and more networking
Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
- Do you work in an organization where development is expected to be done in an Agile way, but upper management operates in a way that makes being Agile downstream difficult?
- Do you feel like your organization is working on way too many products/projects at the same time?
- Are people so busy multitasking that they do the best job that they can on one project before hoping to the next--never really doing the high-quality work that is desired?
If so, your organization needs to align Agile throughout the value chain starting with portfolio management! Traditional portfolio management frequently uses principles that are at odds with agile thinking. For example, believing that people should be 100% utilized might lead to us to start many simultaneous projects leading to high levels of team-member multitasking. Managing a portfolio according to these principles all but guarantees a continuous stream of impediments that interfere with team-level agility and sub-optimizes delivered value.
Should you have any questions, please let me know.
Stacey Louie, Tri-Valley Agile Leadership Network