Triangle Hadoop Users Group Message Board › Bronto Software on Durham's own ATC is hiring Java Software Engineers
As part of Bronto's Engineering team, the Java Software Engineer will play a key role in the transition to our continued growth.
Candidates will have experience with medium-to-large-scale web development, and will assist in developing our next generation e-commerce analytics and automation applications. Bronto Software tracks and aggregates tens of millions of data points every day and provides near real-time analysis and reporting to our customers. We are utilizing leading Open Source technologies including Cassandra, Hadoop, and Lucene to develop our data analysis platform for the future. Our Software Engineering Platform team is small and nimble; qualified applicants will have a direct impact on the design and development of Bronto's rapidly expanding feature set. If you have the technical expertise, experience, and self-motivation required, we would love to hear from you.
Only apply if you want to:
Be a part of a fast moving team, working with the latest tools and technologies
Help develop our next generation of RESTful APIs in an always available environment
Develop innovative algorithms/techniques for high-volume data analysis and machine learning
Use Hadoop, Hbase, and other technologies to process, store, and quickly retrieve huge volumes of data
Work on a development team using agile methodologies
Hear/play random music on the airtunes, up to and including mashups. Possibly on repeat. (Sense of humor is a must)
Software Engineering projects will include:
Design and implementation of a new, highly scalable data model for customer segmentation and analysis
Building RESTful interfaces to platform services which our application teams can employ
Development of our next-generation external web API; design and development of highly scalable, rapid access to terabytes of data in a flexible manner.
● BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
● 3-7 years experience in software development
● Expertise coding in Java (PHP, Ruby, or other languages a plus)
● Solid object-oriented design skills
● Familiarity with design patterns and writing testable code
● Knowledge of n-tier or service oriented architectures
● Comfortable with Linux or OS X development environments
● Experience working with Git, Subversion or other SCM tools
● Working knowledge of Tomcat, Apache or Nginx
Other Useful Skills:
● Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, or other large scale data storage systems
● Experience with high level Map/Reduce languages (Pig, Hive, Hadoop Streaming)
● Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
● Knowledge of Internet/email marketing software, email systems, web analytics or other highly transactional write-intensive systems is highly preferred.
Also, must enjoy attending local TriHUG meetups held at Bronto Software!
Bronto Software provides a cloud-based marketing platform for retailers to drive revenue through their email, mobile and social campaigns. Building upon consistent growth since its founding in 2002, We are now now in the midst of a period of fast-paced growth as it expands its mission beyond email to become the leading marketing platform for retailers and other commerce focused companies. Bronto Software is consistently recognized for our products and services.
Clear Vision of our purpose and mission
Great Location on American Tobacco Campus
Triangle Business Journal Best Places to Work in 2010-2012
All Brontos are given company time to volunteer at area non-profits
Active Lifestyle with subsidized Y membership and wellness events
5 week sabbatical every 5 years, free beverages, snacks, and planned social activities
LIVE OUR VALUES – TRANSPARENT, APPROACHABLE, PASSIONATE.
To see the Bronto life through words, photos and videos, visit http://brontonation.c...
Enjoy attending local DevOPS meetups held at Bronto Software!
To apply please visit - www.bronto.com/careers
or feel free to contact me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronto Software Recruiting
Edited by Melissa Crosby on Sep 24, 2013 3:36 PM