I realize this will be a little early for Christmas lights but it is for a good cause and will allow you to enjoy the lights without all of the traffic! I went and saw the lights last year and it was AMAZING.
Friday evening, November 16
Tanglewood Park – Festival of Lights on “Wheels”
“Arts for Life” Holiday Kickoff Fundraiser…
Family & Friends Fun: Bike Ride, Stroller Push, Wagon Pull and Stroll
The event: http://folonwheels.kintera.org
A casual evening Family & Friends “Roll and Stroll” through the beautiful “Festival of Lights” Holiday light show at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons. The fundraising event will be the evening before the park opens to the public. It will be our “Arts for Life” supporters, their families and friends enjoying the light show without any automobile traffic. Register early for the event and set up a fundraising page at: http://folonwheels.kintera.org Event day registration begins at 4:30 pm at Tanglewood shelter 2. Arts for Life is NOT a United Way agency, so this event, our sponsors and our participants fundraising efforts are very important to us. Join us for this unique opportunity to kick off your holiday season and start a holiday tradition. Questions:[masked] Arts for Life website: www.aflnc.org
- A casual family fun bicycle ride, stroller push, wagon pull and stroll. from shelter 2 to shelter 4 and back. All wheel chairs welcome. (no roller skates, skate boards or motorized scooters)
- Shelter 2 will be the gathering and starting point for the evening
- Shelter 4 will have activities including holiday cupcakes, coffee, hot chocolate, entertainment and other treats.
- Our participants will begin at dark (around 6:30) in several starting waves, depending on age, experience and other criteria.
- We will also have entertainment along the beautiful “Festival of Lights” route on the way to shelter 4.
- There will be no entrance fees for participant cars entering the park.
- We will have event sponsors, both cash and in kind.
- There will be participant registration fees: 12 and over $20 each, under 12, with an adult, free.
- Similar to fundraising walks, we encourage our participants to raise additional money for the Arts for Life mission.
- Register and set up fundraising pages at: http://email@example.com
- AFL tee shirts would be awarded to adult participants who raise an additional $80 and reach a minimum $100 total donation level ($20 registration + and additional $80 to reach $100).
- Children under 12 (who have no registration fee) that raise at least $50 will also receive an Arts for life tee shirt.
- We will have special recognition and awards for our top fundraisers.
Arts For Life is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting people facing serious illnesses. By providing educational art programs, we enrich patients’ lives, nurture their minds and spirits, and encourage positive healthcare experiences for children and their families. In 2011, we brought high-quality art, music, and creative writing lessons to over 4,500 children and their families in four hospitals in North Carolina: Mission Children's Hospital (Asheville), Brenner Children's Hospital (Winston-Salem), Presbyterian Hemby Children's Hospital (Charlotte), and Duke Children's Hospital (Durham).