Triangle DevOps Message Board Job Postings › Nuance is Hiring - Senior Systems Engineer for Connected Solutions in RTP!

Nuance is Hiring - Senior Systems Engineer for Connected Solutions in RTP!

Andrew P.
user 20260881
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
Senior Software Engineer to join a team working on a highly scalable, high traffic web based systems to support functionality on mobile devices. The engineer will be expected to work on a team in a fast paced agile development environment working on an open source stack including Linux, Cassandra, Python, and Java.

We are a small team that both develop and run dev ops for software that powers millions of phones, tablets, and other devices. We're changing the way people around the world interact with devices (Voice, Handwriting, Tap, Swipe). If you're interested in dealing with high volume, extremely complicated problems then this is the job for you. The team is based out of RTP but work with offices all over the world.

* 7+ Years experience developing large scale web applications (millions of users/transactions)
* 5+ Years Java Development Experience
* 1+ Years Developing in Python
* Expert level knowledge of Linux
* Strong OO Development Methodology
* A strong desire to fix a problem once and do it right
* Experience writing and consuming both internal and external Web Services (REST)
* Understanding of NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
* Experience developing with traditional SQL Databases (MySQL, PostreSQL)
* Proficient with Bash Scripting
* Comfortable working in an agile development environment
* Comfortable working on an open source stack
* Web Framework and Javascript experience
* Virtual Machine experience (VMWare, Xen)
* Experience using configuration management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine)
* Comfortable rolling RPMs and images
* Debugging systems issues (memory and system allocation)
* Experience with PHP, Ruby a plus

-------

Thats

Feel free to send me an email, or reply to the posting on Craigslist as that goes directly to me. I'm the Manager and Principal Engineer/Architect for this team.

http://raleigh.craigs...­