Cancel dues at any time.
Dues are billed each year.
Have you wanted to get together with other dog lovers to hike the local parks, take your dog for a pooch plunge or get together at the dog park (private or public)? If so, come join us on some outdoor adventures. We have a big cookout/BBQ twice a year at one of the local parks. All of our events are planned around our four-legged friends. We are a group of responsible dog owners that love spending time with other canine enthusiasts.
The group rules are as follows:
1) DOGS MUST WEAR A CURRENT RABIES VACCINATION TAG at all times, or you must have rabies certificate paper with you at all times. Most parks require this and you MAY be given a citation/fee if you can't show proof of current rabies vaccine to a ranger/other authority. We recommend that only dogs over the age of 4 months who are vaccinated (against distemper/parvo and bordetella) and are free of internal & external parasites (fleas/ticks and intestinal worms) attend our events.
2) DOGS MUST STAY ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES. NO Extendable/"flexi" leashes...they are NOT allowed on our hikes and you must have your pet on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Most parks and cities have a leash mandate which states the above. Extendable leashes have wrapped around people and/or dogs legs very easily and have caused pretty serious injuries, including broken/severed fingers and limbs.
3) ONLY NON-AGGRESSIVE, predictable dogs are allowed at our events. If you have a new pet from a breeder, rescue group or one you've just found, you should work with your new pet for a couple months before bringing them to a group event. Please contact the event host or Laura T. (TADHOG organizer) directly if you have specific concerns about a pet attending an event. When in doubt, leave your pooch safely at home.
4) NO KIDS UNDER 10 years old can attend for safety reasons. Although we like seeing families enjoying our events, there are dogs who are nervous or don't behave well around young kids.
5) PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET. Our motto is to leave NO trace behind, so carry poop bags with you. Parks require this and you MAY be given a citation/fee by a ranger/other authority if you don't comply. Many pathogens which infect people and dogs are spread through feces, so we must do our part to prevent infections.
6) Always abide by the posted park/venue/city rules .
7) Female dogs "in heat" are not permitted at our events or hikes.
Participation in any activity with the Triangle Area Dog Hiking Group is at your own risk. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you waive any claims against, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Triangle Area Dog Hiking Group, it's organizers, affiliates, employees, officers, directors and contractors, from all claims of liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and any other party who may accompany you in these endeavors. It is up to the discretion of the event host whether a dog (or person) is posing a safety threat to an individual or group. All hikers must listen to the commands of the event host, including a request to leave the event.
Happy Trails to you all!!
Get $35 in print credit!! Say TADHOG, book session, & meet minim. order
Second Chance Pet Adoptions is oldest no-kill shelter in the Triangle.
Dog treats made with grain from beerbrewing and farmfresh NC ingredients
Specializes in professional in-home pet sitting and dog walking.
4,804 Wild and Crazy Kids
2,110 Indie Film Fans
668 Crew Members
925 Sierra Club Participants