Future Magic Chef Apprentice night event etc
Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:15 AM
Tenney agreed to cook for us again, great thanks to Tenney's kindess! Please stay tune for more updates.
Our first Magic Chef Apprentice night was very successful. Tenney is so passionate in cooking and his presentation was absolute entertaining! Make no mistake I thought we are in one of this popular TV cooking show! Needless to say about Jennifer, her play was much better than any CD I bought. Thanks for those who help in the kitchen, You guys are awesome! Thanks for Thomas's friend brought a bottle of wine, it's very nice of her for sharing!
I do learn couple things from our first event
1) Quality kitchen equipment is essential element for fun cooking experience
2) Art of marinate leads to tasty food. So keep your pantry stocked with wide variety of condiments and spices!
3) Slightly increase the variety of soda drink. It's hard to predict what people want since our family don't consum soda at all. I was surprise there was plenty of root beer left over and we have to throw them away.
4) Eleminate the dishes require time consuming preperation, especially expensive ingredients such as lamb. I went over budget last time :-D
5) We over worked Tenney- He works non-stop from 6:00pm-8:45pm! I would like to have cooking done by 7:30pm in the future even if it means we have to start the event earlier or cook simplier dishes.
5) Cut 2/3 of the fruit supply, people don't eat as much fruit as I thought.
Members help for food preperation and aftermath cleaning is important. You all did a great job! Isn't it part of the fun learn how to cook? Magic chef event bring lots more works to the host than normal potluck style party. Also it's significant more difficult to find someone has the right setting and willing to host magic chef event due to the numberous Chinese condiments/special cookware required, as well the challenging grocery shopping task for non Chinese people. Everyone willing to spend few minutes to help out will ensure a successful event and plesant experience to everyone. Our group usually has plenty of dine out events require no work at your end if you generally have no interest in cooking relate task.
If you willing to open your home to host a magic chef event, I will love to hear from you! Ideally the stove is in center island, high power BTU is desirable, has more than one kitchen sink even better- I don't really have the perfect setting for cooking event. If you are not Chinese and not comfortable on grocery/condiments shopping I can help out.