The Triangle Area Chinese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › Chinese Class to begin in August - Registration is now open.

Chinese Class to begin in August - Registration is now open.

Closed to new replies

Eric
user 2571775
Raleigh, NC
Registration is now open for this class.
This will be a 12 week course beginning August 6, 2007 and will continue to October 29, 2007. The class will be held each Monday evening from 6:30 to 7:30 PM.
There will be no class, Monday, September 3 for the Labor Day holiday.
Our Lao Shi (teacher) will be Mrs. Joanne Shang.
Shang Lao Shi brings many years of experience and we are lucky to have her as our Lao Shi.

The tuition cost per student for this class will be $85.00. If you divide that up by the number of classes, you?ll see this is a really GOOD deal!
Tuition is due by July 31st. Checks for tuition should be made payable to Eric Hart and mailed to arrive no later the the tuition due date. ***NOTE***A minimum of 8 students are required to hold this class. There will not be any make up classes. If enough students do not sign up, tuitions will be reimbursed and the class postponed until enough students sign up.***

Checks should be mailed to:
Eric Hart
6040 Wintergreen Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Please put Chinese Language Class Tuition - Summer 2007 in the ?For? line of your check.

Those students who do not currently have approved course material will need to order the following course text for this class:

Cheng & Tsui Asian Language Series
Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 1
Simplified Character Edition
ISBN-13: 978-0-88727-460-2

You can contact the NC State University Bookstore, or the Duke University Bookstore for their availability of this text.

If you wish to sign up for this course please email the following information:

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:

Email:
Phone:

to: ehart@nc.rr.com

Once your payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation that a place has been held for you and directions to class will be sent at that time.

A former member
Post #: 2
May I know where the class will be held before I'll sign-up?
Eric
user 2571775
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 151
The class will be held at Lao Shi's home. She lives in western Cary near Morrisville.
jooksing
user 3823099
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
Joanne is quite a good teacher- methods are more practical than traditional - I have never taken these set of class, but I have in the Sat Chinese school.

jooksing
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi! Erik,

Can you e-mail me the address where the class will be held coz I lost the paper where you wrote it. Thank you.