The Triangle Area Chinese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › My Chinese Partners - I am a native speaker would like to offer help

My Chinese Partners - I am a native speaker would like to offer help

Sue G.
user 5553891
Group Organizer
Cary, NC
Post #: 1
Dear native speakers,

First of all thank you very much for willing to help out friends need a conversation practice partner! Your time and effort are greatly appreciated! Please follow this post and introduce yourself a little bit, including whether you need help with English.

Again thanks for participating, hope you enjoy the fun of helping each other out!

Sue
Sue G.
user 5553891
Group Organizer
Cary, NC
Post #: 4
Hi, I am a native speaker from a tropical island in South China. Have broad knowledge on Chinese culture from ancient time to modern Chinese, proficient in PingYin, can read and write in both traditional and simplified Chinese. My Chinese writing skill matches top professional writer. Interest in various topics from cooking, music, business to politics. Software engineer is my day job, I build web sites and help clients with SEO (search engine optimization) during spare time.

I am available 1 or 2 hours every other week, usually during weekend day time. Ideal area is Cary, coffee shop probably the best. If you are interested in learning more about China and Chinese culture, I would be more than happy to help you.
A former member
Post #: 1
Sue,
I may be interested. I studied Chinese for 6 months in a southern province 3 years ago, so I have forgotten a lot. I would like some more practice so I don't forget everything!

I do not live in Cary. Do you think we could meet somewhere in the middle? Maybe Triangle Town Mall in Raleigh?
Erica E.
user 21176791
Cary, NC
Post #: 3
Hi, I am a native speaker from a tropical island in South China. Have broad knowledge on Chinese culture from ancient time to modern Chinese, proficient in PingYin, can read and write in both traditional and simplified Chinese. My Chinese writing skill matches top professional writer. Interest in various topics from cooking, music, business to politics. Software engineer is my day job, I build web sites and help clients with SEO (search engine optimization) during spare time.

I am available 1 or 2 hours every other week, usually during weekend day time. Ideal area is Cary, coffee shop probably the best. If you are interested in learning more about China and Chinese culture, I would be more than happy to help you.

Also, My name is Erica (I speak English + Vietnamese). I live in Cary, NC so anywhere in Raleigh or Durham is perfectly fine with me or Skype. I would like to learn Mandarin Tradition or Simplify speaking wise or writing or both.

If anyone want to learn more English or teach me Mandarin then it would be wonderful!
A former member
Post #: 7
Hey all,

May I suggest that those looking to learn/improve Chinese Mandarin look at Serge Melnyk's lessons. They are on Itunes and for a fee, you can view and download the written transcripts. I have found them to be a good source, especially since you can listen and practice on a IPOD. That might be a method for weekly lessons and then come together to discusss/practice the lesson.

www.melnyks.com