Tucson Atheists Message Board › Faith Clubs - A New Trend

Faith Clubs - A New Trend

A former member
Post #: 543
An interesting video segment on CBS Sunday morning this week on faith clubs:

http://www.cbsnews.co...­

I enjoyed the segment and have fundamentally been in alignment with the concepts but not the God(s) nor am I interested in integrating any belief in God into my government. I do wish that if these people pull off a co-operation effort that the outcome is world peace and kindness to each other. I think a lot of us would be onboard.

But these clubs only cover the Judeo-Christian segment of the world - the Non-Vedic faiths. They do not encompass the Vedics, especially the Hindu-practicing faiths which have historically stayed out of conflict with a few exceptions of self-preservation acts from assaults against them.

So, just an interesting trend and hopefully Atheists with benefit from a more tolerant public.

For me, the segment just exhibits that religions just evolve from other faiths and were essentially a man-made creation. I do respect the values but many times not the implementation.