Tucson Atheists Message Board › Saturday or Sunday meetups

Saturday or Sunday meetups

Josh
jlaz
Rio Rico, AZ
Post #: 185
Hi everyone:

Lately I've been in Tucson on some Sundays. I guess I am wondering how frequent the meetups might be on the weekends so I can see if I can try to make one for the first time in years.

I see in looking back through the calendar that there are meetups on occasion on Saturdays and Sundays.... I guess not so much the regular meetings but some of the other get-togethers such as hikes and evening activities.

No special comment, I guess I'll just try to keep my eye open for something upcoming on a weekend when I might be around.

jl
Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 227
Josh,

I'm OK with activities on any day at any time. However, I'll have to rely on others in the Meetup group to plan and organize those events. In the past, we did have some social events on the weekends.

To Everyone in the Tucson Atheists,

We may be in need of a weekend event social director. If you are interested on planning, organizing, and running Tucson Atheist events on the weekend, let me know.

Don

Josh
jlaz
Rio Rico, AZ
Post #: 186
Josh,

I'm OK with activities on any day at any time. However, I'll have to rely on others in the Meetup group to plan and organize those events. In the past, we did have some social events on the weekends.

To Everyone in the Tucson Atheists,

We may be in need of a weekend event social director. If you are interested on planning, organizing, and running Tucson Atheist events on the weekend, let me know.

Don

Hi Don: I looked through the atheist and CFI and skeptics meetup calendars and it seems there's not much coming up for Sundays.

Even then, I'm not sure if I could attend, so I don't want to make it "I need this" so much as "I mildly suggest this" as a mostly-outsider person.

Is there a reason to confine the thinking to social events?

Well, I guess if there is an established weekday timing with good attendance for the main meetup meetings, then that seems like a good reason not to change the scheduling of the main meetups.

Josh
Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 228
CFI meets on Sundays, primarily. Sign up on www.meetup.com/cfi-saz/

There is an old saying, "everything is easy as long as someone else is doing it."

The Tucson Atheists is primarily a social support group. If there is occasion to do something different we can do those things. What do you have in mind?

Personally, I'm working full time for the advance of reason. I'm organizer of Tucson Atheists and Skeptics of Tucson. I'm also the State Director for American Atheists and the secretary for the Secular Coalition for Arizona and registered lobbyist for the state of Arizona.

Every group has its mission.

As you observe, we have an established meeting time and it's the third Monday for the Tucson Atheists and the first Wednesday for the Skeptics of Tucson. I'm willing to support other meetings on different days but it's going to take someone else to take the lead in those meetings. Are you interested in conducting meetings on weekends? If you are, I'll support you. All you have to do is find a meeting place, set a time and prepare the program. I'll make sure it gets posted on the website. If I can possibly make the meeting, I'll be there. I make that promise but I won't do it for you. My calendar is choc full of scheduled events and I'm tapped out.
Ben B.
user 12763886
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 14
This is not atheist related. But for something to do, another meetup features games on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, 1 pm at the western edge of the Park Place Mall food court. Participation is free, and the regulars are always willing to teach newcomers (or everybody, when a game is new).
--Ben B