addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tucson Atheists Message Board › Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

A former member
Post #: 562
A former member
Post #: 1
I think humans are trying to create "another" noah's ark. We get to pick and choose which animals get to go on the ark by choosing which animals we "allow" to continue to exist. Humans act as a "God" by selecting which other creatures we allow to continue existing. Cute animals, and animals which we find useful or easy to manipulate and kill for food get to continue to live.

I am a grad student in Painting at the U of A. I'm doing some work on insects lately, the past few years. The way humans treat insects proves that we are merely Animals. We are defending ourselves, using our animal instinct. Insects are not seen as cute, and we find them icky and gross to eat. Plus, they invade our territory and spread disease. If they want to continue to exist, they either need to kill us off, run a PR campaign about how cute they are, or publish a cookbook with insect recipes.

But since they've been thriving for 300 million + years, I doubt they are worried. But I think we might be.

I'm having an open studio next weekend, Sat and Sun from noon - 5pm at 820 East 16th Street, just south of downtown. These are all warehouses; I'm in bay 2, studio 13 w/the purple door. I would love to meet any of you.

I joined this group recently, after a discussion with a fellow artist about my work. It turns out he is a "christian" and therefore responded with "oh, i can see how you could possibly think the way you do if you are a non-believer". I wanted to scream out, "WHERE ARE MY PEOPLE?" but instead I searched for a tucson atheist group. So here i am.