addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Tucson Atheists Message Board › Secular Coalition for America Weekly Updates

Secular Coalition for America Weekly Updates

Jeff G.
user 64220452
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
When I joined both the Oregon and Arizona state level organizations this summer, it was because never before in my lifetime has there been such intense organized efforts to force religous beliefs into government at all levels. I wanted a way to support an effective organized secular push back. Finding that the Tucson Atheists is primarily a social support and discussion group was a delightful bonus that I am enjoying a lot.

The political situation hasn't improved in the last year and Obama's re-election has just caused groups pushing religion in government to regroup and organize early by for 2014 and 2016. Lee Atwater never realized when he devised the sucessful Southern Strategy what a package he was bringing into the Republican party. Now its swept old line Repubs away and has created what is in effect a religious based coalition in thier place, a new force in our national life.

It's gratifying to me to read the weekly updates from the Secular Coalition on the efforts they make to get our viewpoint heard by elected officials at all levels. I know that Don has frequently mentiond that, but here is another reminder. If you want to know what's going on nationally in our area of interst, get the e-mail updates here.

http://secular.org/ab...­