align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Tucson Atheists Message Board › Hitchens vs Sincere Christian Pastor named Doug Wilson

Hitchens vs Sincere Christian Pastor named Doug Wilson

A former member
Post #: 166
I've been doing chores and half listening to these youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.co...­

This Christian Pastor really is fascinating. He does a fairly good job of holding his own. However! Every so often he addresses a standard issue in a very interesting way. He makes these concessions and pre-empts anti-theistic arguments in a very clever way.

For instance Pascals wager came up in conversation. He then explained it and alluded to the concept that Pascal may have meant it 'ironically'. Well wow! What a great way to get out of a ridiculous argument. It's been used for decades to convince people to believe and to stay in the faith, but now all of a sudden that people know more about logic, well, it wasn't for real, it was maybe ironic. Awesome. It is fun to see how the believers have to concede on these little areas.

I also recommend their interview on CNN or MSNBC or wherever it is. The Christian actually admits that we are 'animals'. I was shocked to hear that one too. He admits to Noahs ark having all the animals and to the 'talking snake'. His explanation was that, humans are animals and we talk. So therefore snakes must have been able to talk if it's in the Bible. Awesome. Oh he also admits he is a fan on spanking kids and deserved it himself when he was a kid.