Tucson Atheists Message Board › Recommendations Needed

Recommendations Needed

A former member
Post #: 337
Does anyone have a sense of whether their doctor is an atheist? I am starting to use that as one of my criteria when selecting a physician. Any suggestions? Also dentists.

A former member
Post #: 2
Does anyone have a sense of whether their doctor is an atheist? I am starting to use that as one of my criteria when selecting a physician. Any suggestions? Also dentists.

Needing a new Dr. I went to st.lukes clinic at UMC only to be assigned to a FULL BLOWN MUHAMUDIST woman in her hajeeb. for my physical a female aid came in to the exam room and closed the door behind her. Two STRANGE women in the room. Well I got my rx refills but my prostrate remains unexamined.

Needless to say I'm still looking for a rational Dr. too.
A former member
Post #: 339
Similar experiences - If you'll pardon the expression - Oy vey!
Nora M.
onemiller
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 27
Rob and Deb, I can definitely empathize! I don't know where you are, or how old, but my partner, Jim, recently started seeing a guy we really like. His name is Leonardo Mendoza, and his office is on La Cholla right by NW Medical Center. He practices as a part of the NW Center for Geriatrics, but he's an internist and doesn't seem to limit his patients to "geris". He has not made any statements regarding his religion, either way, which is a step up from a lot of doctor offices, but we feel that he definitely uses reason and good sense in Jim's care. Here's his number: 520-297-8429. If you do call for an appointment, note that they are only open from 9 to 2 on MWF and 9 to 5 TTh.

Hope that helps.
Nora
A former member
Post #: 369
Thanjks for the post Nora. Hopefully I will see you tonight at the potluck and we can talk then, although, you pretty much said it all here.

Best to you.

Deb