Tucson Atheists Message Board › Dogmatic Atheists

Dogmatic Atheists

Mitchell
zenguy
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 70
Here is a really good essay, by a scientist, on the closed minds of some atheists:
http://www.newscienti...­

Oops! I didn't realize that you have to be a subscriber to read the full article. :(

Someone sent me the full text, but it's too long to paste in here, I think.
A former member
Post #: 471
Mitchell:

Closed minds in regards to what? Clarify. Statement was ambiguous. Thanks Deb
A former member
Post #: 473
Mitchell:

You said you were a computer guy. Since I launched my comments on violence and religion my scientific-based home page loads, but content is not shown. How could this be possible? Not having scripts problems, but don't allow all the google analytics, but never did before. Can you explain that?
Mitchell
zenguy
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 72
Mitchell:

Closed minds in regards to what? Clarify. Statement was ambiguous. Thanks Deb

Haldane, a famous (deceased) biologist, once said: "The universe is not only stranger than you know, it is stranger than you CAN know." That's my point of view, and also that of Eagleman, the author of that piece.

In contrast, quite a few atheists think that the universe is knowable, and that science has no limits as to what it can know and understand.
Mitchell
zenguy
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 73
Mitchell:

You said you were a computer guy. Since I launched my comments on violence and religion my scientific-based home page loads, but content is not shown. How could this be possible? Not having scripts problems, but don't allow all the google analytics, but never did before. Can you explain that?

Nope, I can't explain it. I have some similar problems myself. But, next time that happens, try hitting the "reload" button while holding down the shift key.