Tucson Atheists Message Board › The Life of Brian

The Life of Brian

John T.
user 5081321
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 36
Far be it from me to poke fun at another's beliefs but I must recommend this Monty Python offering for your holiday enjoyment. I happened to catch it on IFC tonight and forgot how rich it truly is. Remember that it was only released to be viewed in some British cities in the last few years (who knows where else it is still banned after its 1979 release) and that the Pythons even have fun with some subtle notions of censorship of nudity. For no other reason, the film offers a review of some of your favorite New Testament stories, quotes, and themes. Even the last film night showing is too long ago.

Remember: "Always look on the bright side of life."
A former member
Post #: 6
Ahh YES! I love this movie. I really like how it basically mocks Christians and makes a good example on how there is the possibility that they blew things out of proportion 2000 years ago.

Maybe when Jesus said "Why have you forsaken me?" on the cross, he really was saying "What is wrong with these idiots??"

tongue