align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Tucson Atheists Message Board › Rally to Restore Sanity - Tucson

Rally to Restore Sanity - Tucson

Nora M.
onemiller
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 28
Hi all. Sorry we missed the drinking last night.

If we had made it to the bar last night, I would have asked you all if you were planning to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity at the Hotel Congress tomorrow morning. It is a satellite of Jon Stewart's DC rally and I would love to see a strong representation by atheists and skeptics. If we don't know sanity, who does?

The event starts at 9am to enable the showing of a live feed from the DC rally. It's not just a comedy thing--I can't think of another major public figure who has a better grasp of the current situation in American politics than Jon Stewart. He created this rally to counter the likes of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, to demonstrate that the majority of Americans are neither left NOR right, but too busy making a living and doing stuff to take an extreme position.

Don't let the screaming minority control the public forum. Join me at the Rally to Restore Sanity at the Hotel Congress Saturday, Oct 30 at 9am!
A former member
Post #: 493
Nora: Thank you for the information. I would love to see this, but as you probably have read over and over again like a never ending record on this site, that due to unemployment I must met out my gas for just the bare survival issues unless I can get a carpool ride. I think Jon Stewart is great!. It is nice to have his voice speaking across America.

Thank you. Deb
A former member
Post #: 3
Debbie and I are going.
Mitchell
zenguy
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 80
I was there for the first hour, although I arrived late. It was great, but it was outdoors, so when the sun peeked over the roof I went home and watched the rest on TV. A great event! Political comedy, but serious.