Tucson Conscious Foodies Message Board › SUCCULENT POTLUCK RECIPES

SUCCULENT POTLUCK RECIPES

kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 7
This is where we post our recipes that are in high demand.

HERE'S HOW: Under the last recipe posted, hit REPLY. It will look as if you are replying to that specific recipe but what it does is put your recipe next! We'd love a photo if you've got one!

Please LINK if you sourced the recipe from a book or website. This helps us track down other goodies from the same chef.
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 10

Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust

Crust Ingredients

1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup almonds
6 dates
1/4 tsp sea salt

Pie Filling Ingredients

1 1/2 cups or (3) avocados
3/4 cup lime juice
3/4 cup local raw honey
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 TB soy lecithin filling (optional)

Method:
Crust - Buzz all ingredients in a food processor with the s-blade

Filling - Buzz all ingredients in a high speed bender

Press the crust into a pie pan. Pour in the filling. Transfer to fridge and allow to set for 2-3 hours. Serve chilled. I love to top with raspberries.
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 11

So you wanna be a Chocolate Goddess? Here's a super simple recipe to begin with. No melting or tempering required and the only tools you need are your amazing hands.

Chocolate Super Balls

1/ 4 cup hempseed,
1/2 cup cacao powder
2 TB spirulina
2 TB coconut oil
3 TB raw honey
pinch of sea salt
1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp bean powder (extract works fine)

Using your hands, knead the mixture until well mixed. Roll into balls, put on wax paper, refrigerate. Remember to lick off the remaining sticky chocolate from your hands.
Mylo G.
user 4492913
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 2
Here is the Recipe for:
KELP NOODLES with HEMPINI GRAVY

Raw Kelp Noodles
(2) 12 oz bags (refrigerated section at Whole Foods)
~with~

Cosmic Hempini Gravy (from David Wolfe's book on Superfoods)
1 cup Water
3 oz Lemon Juice
2 oz Light Miso
¾ cup Hemp Seeds
1 tsp Chopped Ginger
2 oz Tahini
2 oz Olive Oil

Dry off noodles in Colander(s) for about half an hour, this helps prevent the Gravy from getting too thin.

To make the Gravy, just mix all ingredients in a blender.

Pour Gravy over the noodles just before eating. Don't let the gravy sit in the noodles any longer than necessary.
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 14

Candied Apples

For kids and the kid at heart - this traditional fall treat is excellent for ooey gooey raw fun! It was our number 1 seller in my raw cafe this time of year - EVERY year!

Caramel Glaze

* 1 ½ cups agave nectar or raw honey
* 4 dates, pitted, soaked and pressed dry
* Pinch sea salt
* ¼ teaspoon cinnamon

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for 20 seconds. Chill in freezer to thicken before coating apples. Roll in nuts and/or shredded coconut. Keep chilled or serve immediately.
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 15

Halloween candy doesn't have to be so scary! We've been making healthy treats all week: Chia Crunch Chocolates, Candied Pecans, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds... Some even simpler options are a gift straight from Mother Nature herself. Teach little ones to in*joy juicy pomegranates, kumquats, pears and apples.

In our home, Trick-or-Treating is allowed and then we sit the commercial candy (aka TOTAL junk) on the front steps for the candy witch to swoop down on her broom and make the trade. Her offering is usually some small trinket that has been wished for.

CHOCOLATE CHIA CRUNCH

Ingredients:

1 cup raw cacao butter, melted

1 cup raw cacao powder

4 tablespoons chia seeds

½ teaspoon powdered vanilla beans

¼ cup agave, honey or maple syrup

dash of fine pink salt

Method:

After you have blended your melted cacao butter and powder until it is velvety smooth, you may add the remaining ingredients. I recommend adding the sweetener a little at a time and tasting it as you stir.

For a shiny, crisp chocolate that will remain firm at room temperature, you'll want to take the extra time to temper your chocolate. (More details in my chocolate book that I pinky swear to have out very soon on my website www.BeeGreenFoods.com)

Pour into the molds of your choice. Transfer the chocolate filled molds to the freezer and wait a few hours for them to completely set.

IN*JOY!

Yields 3 dozen candies depending on size of mold.
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 18
Asha's Raw Vegan Pad Thai

Makes 4 - 6 servings

3/4 cup raw almond butter
1/2 cup orange juice (freshly juiced!)
1 T minced fresh ginger
1 T Nama Shoyu (Raw soy sauce)
1 t minced garlic
2 T honey
1/8 t cayenne pepper
a pinch of sea salt

Blend all of the above ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pour over ...

2 bags of Kelp Noodles (you can find these refrigerated at Whole Paycheck aka Whole Foods)

allow to marinated for at least 10 minutes. and stir.

Add
Chopped Basil and cilantro throughout.

Garnish with cherry tomatoes (cut in half) and a bit of chopped basil and cilantro.

Voila!! Soooooo yummmy ...
A former member
Post #: 8
Kale Chips

2 bunches of kale (washed and torn)
3/4 cup Tahini
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
Thin slice of red onion
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1 t himalayan sea salt (more or less to taste)
1/4 cup fresh parsley

Place kale in a large bowl. Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over kale and massage with your hands. Make sure mixture fully coats every piece of kale.

Place kale on teflex dehydrator sheets. I use 2 trays and begin by dehydrating at 130-145 degrees (the chips do not get that warm) for about 30 min. to an hour. After the liquid has begun to stick to the kale, I remove the teflex sheets and place kale on top of mesh screens with one teflex sheet at the bottom to catch drips, and change the temperature to 115-125 degrees. Every hour or so move the kale pieces around to ensure even and thorough drying. I usually pull the wet pieces in the center, unfold them and place them on the outside edges of the trays. Entire drying time will vary. The more you can spread out and unfold the pieces the less time it will take. The batch I made took around 6 hours in the dehydrator. I doubled the recipe for the potluck.

Enjoy smile
A former member
Post #: 7
A slight variation on the recipe found at Raw-Food-Diet-Inspiration.com

Salad: 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded and cubed
1/2 small Jicama cubed
1 Pkg sea kelp noodles (from Whole Foods)

Garden Goddess Dressing:
3 stalks of celery
1 bunch cilantro
6 dates
juice of 1 lemon
2 green onions
1 garlic clove minced
dash of sea salt
2 tbsp Tahini

Cube the vegetables and rinse the kelp noodles. I chose to chop up the noodles to make it easier to serve and eat, you can do as you like. Run all of the dressing ingredients through the blender till smooth. Put the dressing on at the last minute before serving as it will lose crispness fairly quickly. Enjoy
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 22

PRICKLY PEAR FRUIT LEATHERS WITH CHIA CRUNCHIES

I was waiting to post this until I had my demo video ready (that my son and I did together) but this recipe seems to be in high demand. It was a huge hit at our last Succulent Potluck. Soooo... here it is! Video coming soon.

Note: Almost any fruit juice will work in place of the prickly pear juice.

8 Pears, cored and sliced in half but not peeled
2 apples, cored and sliced in half but not peeled
1 banana, peeled and sliced in half
1/2 cup freshly juiced prickly pear
4 TBSP chia seeds
Dash of Mineral Salt

Buzz all ingredients in a high speed blender until soupy. Add chia seeds and let sit until they start to gel and thicken. Use more chia if mixture stays too soupy to be spreadable. Add more juice if it gets too thick.

Spread on Teflex liner sheets (about 4) and dehydrate @105 degrees until desired texture (chewiness), flipping once. Then, cut into desired shapes with knife or cookie cutter. Store in airtight container. Yum! Yum! Yum!