You can organize this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 10 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Tucson Phenology Trail Message Board › Phenology Day

Phenology Day

A former member
Hello Meetup Friends!

I just wanted to say thanks for coming to the events it has been very fun getting to meet people and interact in different events around Tucson.

I also want to add some information about the Meet up for Phenology Day.  We are planning the event to highlight the sites around Tucson but also we want to encourage citizen science data collection as well.  We would like to give out some prizes for collecting data at sites on the trail.

The sites are:

1.  Biosphere 2

2.  Audubon: Mason Center

3.  Pima Cooperative Extension:  Campbell Ave.

4.  The University of Arizona Campus Arboretum

5.  Sam Hughes Neighborhood

6.  Rincon Heights Neighborhood

7.  The National Phenology Network Office

8.  Santa Rita Experimental Range

If you collect data at one of these locations, on Phenology Day we will be giving out

prizes like a pen, bookmark, watter bottle, mug, hat, pin, book bag, flashdrive.

The prizes depend on the amount of data collected.  We would really like to encourage collecting more data at one site than one time data collection at all of them.  If you can collect data for 5 or more days at 3 different sites then we will give you a bag filled with all of these prizes.  To participate in Phenology Day you do not have to do the citizen science part.  You can just come to the activities.

Lastly,due to time constraints we will not be able to take part in the Reid Park Phenology Event.  If anyone is interested in tabling the event as a volunteer please let me know by Tuesday March 26 9am.

Have a good weekend.

Thank you,

Arthur Bassett

Outreach Coordinator Assistant

National Phenology Network.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello All,
I am really looking forward to Phenology Day on Saturday April 20th. I hope you can all attend. I was wondering if anyone has been collecting data for the event?
Thanks!!!

Arthur