Learn how to mix ambient light and flash! You folks have been screaming for this one for years... here it is! All you need is your camera, I'm providing the flash and remote triggers. You'll all get a chance to shoot off camera flash!
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FORGET THAT, WE ARE FREEZING IT AT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE!
(posted price includes $5.00 off)
** First and foremost even if you don't already own the equipment to shoot off camera flash it can be obtained for $150.00 or less, and that includes the flash unit with comparable power to your camera's brands top unit which can cost $400.00 - $600.00!
* If you've been intimidated by the thought of using flash off camera now is your chance to see how simple it really can be.
* You will learn (without getting a headache or needing asprin):
- A few ways to determine exposure of flash to ambient light, including using a hand held ambient/flash meter.
- When and why you'd want to add flash to complement your image.
- About triggers & receivers to fire the flash remotely.
- Why most manufactures built in "fire flash remotely" will often fail outdoors and the need for third party triggers & receivers.
- The accessory equipment needed and how to use it including stands, umbrellas, softboxes, stand to flash to umbrella adapters, etc.
* You will get to:
- Shoot both a single and dual off camera setup with & without gels.
- Hands on experience working with the equipment.
- Shoot in various situations.
* What you need to know (or have tried to):
- In manual mode how to set shutter speed, f-stop & ISO (extra credit for white balance).
- Know your cameras maximum flash sync speed (will probably be 1/180, 1/200 or 1/250).
* What you need to bring:
- Camera with a flash hot-shoe mount, charged battery & empty memory card.
- Any lens will work, but preferred is something like 18-55, 24-70. Something that covers 35mm-50mm is ideal. But, don't worry, ANY LENS YOU HAVE WILL BE FINE.
- Suggested: beverages & snacks
* A followup handout will be provided via email listing any equipment we discussed, techniques, etc.
* I've scheduled this for 3 hours, if you can allow 3 1/2 just in case it runs a bit long, but I'm shooting for 3 hours.
* Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement
By clicking the “RSVP” button, I hereby agree to waive any liability and hold the Tucson Photography Meetup Group, it’s organizers, assistants, and members hereinafter referred to at the “Tucson Meetup Group”), harmless from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action, whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence by the Tucson Meetup Group, or otherwise, while participating in the Group Event, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Group Event is located, while in transit to or from the premises where the Group Event is taking place, or in any place or places connected to the Group Event. I voluntarily elect to participate in this Group Event.
I hereby agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless the Tucson Meetup Group from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my participation in the Group Event, where the negligence is caused by me or by the negligence of the Tucson Meetup Group. It is also my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind members of my family and spouse, as well as my heirs, assigns, and personal representative.
By clicking the “RSVP” button, I represent that I have read this Waiver, understand it, and voluntarily sign it. I further agree that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent. I execute this Waiver for full adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same.