The Tucson RPG Guild Message Board Looking For Group › Looking for a group :)

Looking for a group :)

Derek H.
user 79345752
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
Hello all!
I'm a rather new player looking for a fun game to join. I don't really have any preference towards any game or system. I am available all day on Saturdays, Wednesday evenings, and Monday evenings after 8pm or so. I am also available late morning/early afternoon on weekdays. Does anyone know of or are trying to start a group meeting at these times?

EDIT: I am no longer available on Wednesday evenings, as I had to pick up some of my coworker's students due to his illness.
Gary
furashgf
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 79
Does the Desolation RPG interest you at all

"Desolation is a post-apocalyptic fantasy roleplaying game set ... after a high-fantasy world was nearly brought to an end. You create a character who survived the devastation. Will you seize power amidst the chaos, help to rebuild civilization, remap the twisted remains of the world ... or will you even survive another day?"

It's got a very "Walking Dead" feel.

I've been reading through the GM stuff and put some notes together, but I wasn't sure why.
Derek H.
user 79345752
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 2
So Desolation is like Fallout plus high fantasy elements? Sounds pretty awesome. When were you planning on running this?
Gary
furashgf
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 80
Well, I'm notorious for flaking, so I'd like to run a 1-shot or two to make sure I can get my act together. I'm thinking 2 weeks out. I'll post something for everyone.

Yes, Fallout, the Walking Dead, any of those (not Gamma World) are great analogies for the world. It uses Ubiquity, which is used for "Hollow Earth Expeditions" and is a bit like Savage Worlds. Even starting player characters, if they're good at something, will be good at it, so your fiction will match the play. I'll put together some character packages. If you want to get the book, go for it, but you won't need it to play. Also, you'll have to not use any in-character knowledge regarding the tens of mysteries in the game (none of them are good news).

Let me post and see who is interested.