Trekkers is a group of moderate hikers that enjoy Saturday treks in the Sandia Mountains and along the Rio Grande Bosque as well as weekend day trips to the Windsor Trail and Ojito wilderness area - just to name a few. We are not a stop and go photography group - we typically hike approximately 2 miles per hour - to be a member, you must be able to keep up with the group.
Here are the rules of the group:
1) Have Fun! Be kind and courteous!
2) To be accepted as a member, you must upload a recognizable picture of yourself and list your first name. A recognizable photo of yourself allows the event host/hostess the ability to identify you and you in turn will be able to identify him or her. You won't be left out in the cold.
3) Be considerate and update your r.s.v.p. in a timely manner if you find you cannot attend an event. Many of the trails in the Sandias only allow groups of ten and we will adhere to this standard.
4. Be on time.
5. Attend at least one hike within a 3-month period.
6. We are not allowing dogs on these treks.
7. Here is the Trekker policy regarding children and guests: Children under the age of 18 are not allowed for two reasons - 1) we must limit the group to 10 trekkers for most hikes - members are allowed to bring one adult guest and 2) we are moderate trekkers - everyone attending must be able to keep up.
8. You, as well as any guest, will be required to sign a hold harmless waiver - once your membership is approved you can find it in the "more" tab under the heading of "files." You can print the page and bring your signed copy to your first event. Any event involving travel will require a signed, separate waiver stating the name of the event and the date of the event.
By joining "Trekkers," you are agreeing not to hold the Organizer, Co-Organizer, Assistant Organizers, Event Organizers or any host liable for any injury or damage you may incur, physical or psychological, during one of our events or related to your membership in "Trekkers."