Unfortunately, due to health reasons I will be unable to organize any meetups for the foreseeable future. It is my hope to be able to offer something in late summer/fall. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
This is a group for women interested in connecting with nature. We will offer day, weekend and week long adventures. No experience required!
On occasion, we may join other groups for a mixed hike/event. Our adventures will be donation based and some will teach a skill. All donations go to our federal not for profit: TurtleFeather True Nature. *learn something new and help others while doing so.
(Please note for hikes at some conservation areas a small fee may apply)
TurtleFeather: Women in the Wilderness presents wilderness outings that will increase your wilderness skills, refresh your spirit, allow you to reconnect with your wild side, reflect on your needs, revive your power to create and enable you to relax and tune into the natural rhythm of the world around.
Let's explore some of southern Ontario's great trails. Please be dressed for the weather! Bring along a lunch, snacks, plenty of water, your curiosity and humour!
Pets: please, for the safety of your pet and wildlife no pets allowed on our adventures! **I share my life with a loveable springer spaniel...but he's not allowed on group hikes!
Donations are graciously accepted and will help support Turtlefeather True Nature a federal non-profit organization which helps women who have experienced abuse by taking them out in nature.
We utilize 70% of our fees which are collected from government grants, sponsorships and fees for outings to sponsor women who have experienced abuse to attend outings, retreats and wilderness therapy. The other 30% is used for administration for those adventures.
We encourage car-pooling! *due to liability we ask that you arrange amongst yourselves
*Please check group the day before any outing as times may change or outing may be cancelled**