addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Twin Cities Adventure Seekers Message Board › Update on Ziplining event – Chimney Rock Park Zip Line Eco Tour

Update on Ziplining event – Chimney Rock Park Zip Line Eco Tour

Audrey
user 30232182
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Hi Zipliners,

I’m glad to see so many new participants interested in this Ziplining event in Wisconsin Dell.

Good news is, the ticket is reduced to $89/person. Not so good news is, this event was set up by Erica who left TCAS this Feb. Last week, she confirmed she will not be leading this group but will be there with her family. I’ve checked with our past co-organizers, and no one seemed to be able to come back with a positive reply to lead this event.

Our Group is about like-minded fun but responsible adults wanting to get out and seek adventures together, so we're very dependent on everyone’s interests and enthusiasm to accept challenges at different level to make it a success!

As for now, the following looks like this Ziplining event’s 3 options:

Option 1. Go as individuals – Erica had a deposit placed under TCAS for this event, 1p to 4p. There is no min requirement, only 10 people to secure a group discount. If you still want to go without an appointed TCAS organizer, you can call Easton, Vertical Illusions, 1-608-253-2500 to place your non-refundable 20% deposit, then pay in full at the beginning of the adventure when you’re there on May 12.

Option 2. Appoint new co-organizer(s) from within this signed up group to lead this event - Anybody in this group who can step up to the challenge and make it still happen on May 12? Simple duties like coordination with interested members, be the point person (with our Group sign) representing TCAS congregating everyone before, during and after the event, taking event pictures to share on our TCAS wall, etc.

Option 3. Reschedule this event later in Summer - We will then have more time to plan it better with new co-organizers appointed by then. Perhaps plan it as a 2-day weekend road-trip as travel time to/from Wisconsin Dell and Twin Cities is already 8hrs? Do share your thoughts on this and possibly suggest a date in your reply?

Please let me hear back from all of you latest by 4/29 so we can immediately decide what is this Ziplining group’s consensus. With weather warming up, new members are coming on board nearly every day so co-organizers and I, have to keep events updated. If I don’t get back everyone’s replies by then, I’ll have to assume Option 3.

Feel free to get a hold of me at audreychan2006@gmail.com or leave a vm on my cell: 9526498118 and I'll call you back. I look forward to hearing back from you all soon…

Best Regards,

Audrey
P/S: We’re looking for a venue to plan a TCAS Get Together soon so we get a better feel of our active excited members - who, what, when, where and how eveeryone want to participate/seek/organize our TCAS Group and shape up a planned annual kaleidoscope of events to suit all levels of adventure seekers! Sunny side up and see you soon, everyone!

Also, here's the Tour's link for direct answers to some members’ question posted - http://www.verticalil...­
How Do I Prepare For My Adventure?
Now that you have booked your tour you will want to wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather and hiking shoes. We would ask that you leave your camera behind. Our professional guides will take pictures and give you a complimentary CD of them.
When you book your tour we do require a 20% non-refundable deposit and full payment at the beginning of your adventure. If your trip is cancelled due to weather we can rebook or give you a VI gift card in the amount of the deposit.
As Vertical Illusions Guides we make it our personal responsibility to offer a world class experience for you and your group. If you are 100% satisfied and love your adventure we appreciate gratuities of 10 to 20% if we have earned it. We look forward to taking an adventure with you!