Twin Cities Atheists Message Board › Camping Reminder/FYI

Camping Reminder/FYI

Crystal D.
CrystalD.
Group Organizer
Waseca, MN
Freethinking Camping is coming up, starting Saturday, August 6th at 1pm and heading into the next day. (In case of severe weather, the following weekend has been picked as a 'rain date'.)

Here are some items that you might want to know about if you haven't been out to the lovely Kressin home before:

-What if I hate camping? You don't have to camp!!! You can just come out for the afternoon, evening, or even the next day on Sunday. No one is forced to spend the night.

-I'm scared to pee in the woods! No, no, no! The Kressins have a bathroom that they so graciously let us all use, and it's indoor plumbing and everything!!!

-I don't know anyone... That's what Meet Up is for! And camping is perfect for that, too, because if you get out there and think we all suck, there are plenty of solitary activities, like biking, walking, swimming, etc. You don't have to be with us all the whole time... ;)

-I get hungry. We will have FOOD! Here is a list of the food and other necessary items we will have so you don't have to pack these things:

Saturday Night Dinner ------- o (Good quality) Brats, Hot Dogs, Veggie dogs o Lime Aid/Raspberry Lemonade/Water o Buns, Pickles o Watermelon, Chips o Potatoes (for fire baking) o Condiments, cups, plates, napkins, ice o Smores

Sunday Morning Breakfast ----------- o Coffee, Orange Juice, Milk o Griddle - for eggs, pancakes, pre-cooked sausage or bacon (which will be available there as well, no need to bring!) o Oats/Fruit cereal (Bircher Muesli)

-Can I drink out there? Yeah- but don't forget to be responsible- we don't want anyone driving or getting hurt. But what's a campfire without some beer?

-I want to ride a horse in the river. Uh, yeah, who doesn't! :) Go for it!

-I have some other questions that you totally neglected to answer here and I'm ready to get mad. Don't get mad, get type happy! You can email me on facebook, you can email me at crystaldervetski@gmail.com or you can call or text my cell at 507-837-0106 to ask any questions you may have. I also have a fax if that is something you're into.

Looking forward to seeing a ton of people out there- the last two years have been fabulous, and year number three is promising to be even better!!!

-Crystal Dervetski