|Sent on:||Friday, February 22, 2013 10:48 AM|
Data Scientists (2) – Global Technology Innovator
The freedom to experiment, discover & create innovative products to improve daily lives across the globe!
Work in high growth markets - Energy Efficiency, Smart Grid, Mobility, Security, Safety
We’ve been engaged by our major client, an entrepreneurial division of a top Fortune 100 Global Technology Innovator to recruit early-stage members of what will become “one of the most innovative, forward thinking Data Science teams in the world!” They’re assembling a team of Data Scientists who are eager for the freedom to experiment with cutting-edge tools that will drive R&D innovation, spark new product development, further marketplace penetration and enhance the customer experience.
• Easy access to massive volumes of raw data of nearly every type from more sources than you can imagine (including: digital sensors, monitoring and control signals, scanners, mobile/wireless, geo-satellite tracking data from over 165 million homes, businesses, and industrial facilities.)
• Ability to use the latest open source big data frameworks and tools to find the “signals in the noise”
• Influence. This group will report into the Head of Research, is a top priority, and will provide the opportunity to develop digital products that impact the lives of people and businesses everywhere on the planet.
• Work with a team of the world’s brightest scientists and engineers who are used to doing BIG THINGS.
• Live in relaxing Midwestern metropolitan suburb ranked among “Best Places to Live – Top 100” (Money Magazine/CNN) or minutes away in the downtown area of major US city with little to no commute and has a great reputation for being a “active” vibrant, close nit community with great schools and lots of fun things to do.
• Work for a successful company whose stock price is at an all-time high in a tough global economy and is working aggressively to lead the charge in Data Science.
We’re looking for top talent. If you’re ready to change the world, we want to talk to you ASAP.
• Creatively experiment, define and build digital products that leverage the firms massive data sets.
• More details to follow in formal conversations.
• MS or PhD in CS / Math / Electrical Engineering / Physics, etc.
• Experience in applied techniques in data mining, machine learning or graph mining.
• Experience with large unfiltered/unstructured data sets and distributed computing tools such as Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, Mahout, Hive, etc.
• Excellent Java programming skills and significant knowledge of core libraries
• Fluency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or Java for fast prototyping.
• Knowledge / Experience with statistical analytics languages such a R
• Data modeling / ETL /and database technologies
Would love to set up a good time to speak with anyone who could be a fit. Please feel free to share this with others as well. My contact info is below.
Director, Data Science & Analytics Practice
Project One, Inc
450 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1701
New York, NY 10123
http://tinyurl.com/ag... - Job Description URL
This email message originally included an attachment.