Twin Cities Paddlers Message Board › Kayaking Minnehaha Creek

Kayaking Minnehaha Creek

Alyssa E.
user 108455772
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hello, I've been wanting to kayak Minnehaha creek all summer (from Grays Bay to Lake Nokomis), however, I dont' have a vehicle with a hitch and/or know any friends that would also like to do this. Is there anyone who is or wants to do this this Saturday, August 31st? Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 75
There is two houses between me and a section of the creek. I would love to paddle it but at best my kayak shows up at REI on Friday. I would be down for a date a little further into the future.
Michael
user 7353442
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 12
The discharge as Grays Bay is 20, Is it possible to paddle the whole creek in low water? I have a truck and a rack system for a car if anyone the creek can be paddled.
A former member
Post #: 76
There is two houses between me and a section of the creek. I would love to paddle it but at best my kayak shows up at REI on Friday. I would be down for a date a little further into the future.
Should be noted I do have a pickup, so if there's enough interest it could be worked out to do some vehicle shuffling.
Martha
user 2279045
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I'd love to do this BUT...I walk by the creek almost everyday with my dog. We are now walking IN the creek. The hotter it gets the lower the water gets. Just better check before you/we go.
Alyssa E.
user 108455772
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
So you mean start paddling the creek where it leaves Grays Bay or do you mean just paddle lk minnetonka? I am mostly interested in paddling creeks right now. I have a feeling a La Nina is coming and there will be a drought next year.
Alyssa E.
user 108455772
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
I'd love to do this BUT...I walk by the creek almost everyday with my dog. We are now walking IN the creek. The hotter it gets the lower the water gets. Just better check before you/we go.
Hi Martha! You're right they damned up Grays Bay so I was told a good place to start would be around Meadowbrook Lake. Going to check it out tomorrow if you're interested in going from there to Nokomis.
Alyssa E.
user 108455772
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
The discharge as Grays Bay is 20, Is it possible to paddle the whole creek in low water? I have a truck and a rack system for a car if anyone the creek can be paddled.
Hi, yeah, I talked to some folks who think it can be paddled fine where other water sources are pouring into the creek. Therefore, I'm goign to try an enterance at Meadowbrook Lake tomorrow if you're interested in joining!
Alyssa E.
user 108455772
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Hi J - I'm going to try to kayak this creek tomorrow at Meadowbrook Lake for an enterance. If it's good, I'll report back in case you'd like to join.
A former member
Post #: 34
I am definitely interested in joining, J - you should too!!!