|Sent on:||Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:25 PM|
Here's the latest from TCRC Meetup:
- One of our new members, Mo, is looking to start a regular Sunday afternoon event at VEM. Mo will be arriving at 1pm and looking to meet with other Meetup members by the leather chairs at 1:30pm to make some introductions and partner up for some belaying and climbing. The first Sunday With Mo will be this weekend on 2/12; see the event page here.
- VEM has announced their first ever Adult Climbing League beginning Friday, 2/17, and running for 6 weeks. This is a team format, so bring some Meetup friends or sign up as an individual and be placed on a team. The cost is $10 to register. Find more details on the 2/17 event page here.
- Passion for Flashin' is coming up on Saturday, 2/18. This will be my third year in a row volunteering as a route setter. My first year, I also volunteered on comp day as a belayer and last year, I ran around with some cameras during the event. See pictures and video from the 2011 comp here and here. This comp has divisions for all levels of climbers and is a great community building experience. Whether you want to compete or volunteer, find information on the event page here.
- After Passion, stay in St Paul for a benefit party for one of our Meetup Climbers who is working through some medical issues. There will be food, beverages, art, raffle tickets for some great prizes, and a silent auction. See the Meetup event page here and the Facebook open invite here. Bring some money and some friends, it's going to be a great party! 7-11pm on 2/18.
- I am running a poll to help me decide when to schedule our Spring Social event. Please take a look at the poll here and choose the days/locations that appeal most to you.
- Due to a lack of RSVPs and a change in school schedule for our Event Host, Logan, I will be taking Monday nights at VE St Paul off the calendar beginning 2/20. This is a sad occasion for me, as Monday in St Paul was my baby just a short two years ago. Sniff. Times change, however, and new gyms are built. If there is a day and time frame that you regularly climb and would like to see added to the calendar, send me an email and we can discuss creating a new event around it.
Stay tuned for more events and updates as they pile up. I've been talking with a potential new sponsor for the group and hope to have some exciting news in the near future.
Until then, keep your hand on the brake and your mind on your climber.