Twin Cities Sidewalk Astronomers Message Board › New Viewing Scheduling Policy

New Viewing Scheduling Policy

Larry
lmf97
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
With fickle weather and even fickler(?) plans, I've decided to be more sure about the weather before posting an outdoor event. That means events will be posted (by me) no more than 2-3 days out. This way, we can have a better weather forecast and my travel schedule likely won't interfere. The upside is events I post can happen pretty much any day of the week when I feel like hauling the scope outside. Today, we basically hold events on Wednesdays. Of course, this doesn't change when or if you want to host an event. If you want to host something, please feel free to suggest something and I'll make it firm.
Jim H.
user 117112282
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Larry, I just found this meet-up yesterday, but it already has me looking forward to spring! Last summer, my wife and I set up three sidewalk astronomy events when there was a favorable moon - twice at an overlook in Saint Paul and once at Lake Harriet. All three were very successful and a lot of fun - lots of passers-by had an interest at looking at the moon and Saturn. We expect to back at it next year and will enjoy coordinating with this group. I'll may join you at Nokomis in January if my schedule permits - I'll RSVP when I know for sure. Thanks for doing this! Jim