align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Twin Cities Social Cycling Message Board › End of season celebration?

End of season celebration?

tamsie
user 12492100
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 11
In conversation after today's ride, the subject arose of an end-of-season social gathering. Last year we had a potluck at my house which was a blast! I'm more than happy to host again, unless someone has a better idea. Last year, we had around 40 attending and my humble abode was just at about capacity at that number. There may be other options to accomodate a larger group. Even if it's not at my house, I'm willing to work on this but need to plan EARLY since I have to request time off well in advance. Any thoughts, please share them here. We will have to check with Jennifer our fearless leader for approval....tell us what you think!
A former member
Post #: 29
Great idea Tamsie. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I don't think we could top the party you threw last year. It was TOP NOTCH in every way. Please let me know how I can help.

Two thoughts

The cost of the party should be shared by all attendees.

This is a great opportunity to remind those who haven't to make a donation ($5?) to Jennifer to help offset the annual cost of running the group. The link to donate is on the left hand side of the home page.
Lisa B.
user 24592682
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 5
Tamsie I would be willing to set up, help out with whatever needs to be done during the party. I missed it last year, and didn't get to too many rides this year, but intend to make it to the party.
Carolyn L
user 24915032
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Count me in to help, Tamsie! Last year's party at your home was great!! I agree with Kevin that we should all pitch in to cover any expenses.
A former member
Post #: 2
Great idea. Last year's party was a blast! And, I'd love to help you and "the others" in any way that I can (sharing of expenses, set-up/clean-up...etc.).