addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Twin Cities Social Cycling Message Board › bike shop for a tune-up?

bike shop for a tune-up?

Lori
user 46718522
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hi all - I'm new to the Twin Cities so I'm not sure where I should take my bike for a tune-up. I'm in the southern suburbs (Apple Valley/Lakeville) but I'd rather take my bike to someone who you all recommend than just some random place close to me.

Thanks so much for your help!
JR
JRnotEwing
Anoka, MN
Post #: 40
I don't live on that side of town, Mark O might know better. But the Penn cycle in Eagan helped me out with a broke. Spoke when I was a long way from home and seemed like good guys. See you on the trails
JR
Jay B.
user 47026402
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 3
DO NOT use "Valley Bike & SKi", I have had tribal experience with them. they even tried to charge me for Air after replacing the drive train and doubling there quot. and it goes on.
I use Eriks Bike and there is one at 501 County Road 42 E, Burnsville, MN, by Byerly's.
also Randon Bikes is good also. 1970 Rahn Cliff Ct., Suite 100 Eagan, MN 55122
A former member
Post #: 40
Not close but I'm a fan of Tonka cycle SW of Minneapolis
Ed
Mr.Ed
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 1
Hi Lori, I live in Burnsville and have had great success at Erik's in Burnsville by Byerlys, as Jay B suggested.
Mark O
user 11829432
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
Hi Lori. And KTG, and JR, and Jay, and Ed. I have mostly used Penn Cycle on Cliff, and think they are good but not great. I used Erik's on Hwy 42 once and maybe it was a bad day for them and maybe I am fussy, but I was not impressed. Have not used Valley Ski in Apple Valley, but have no plans to after the Jay post. I am willing to try some place new.

Hope this helps a bit. Looking forward to seeing everyone out on the trails.
Mark
Jay B.
user 47026402
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 4
Hi all
This is the link to Random Bikes. Random Bikes I have been in here, good pricing and know what they are doing. they are worth a try for anyone that is not satisfied by there current shop.