add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Twin Cities Social Cycling Message Board › New Meetup: Wonderful Woodbury

New Meetup: Wonderful Woodbury

Group Organizer
Saint Paul, MN
Announcing a new Meetup for Twin Cities Social Cycling!

What: Wonderful Woodbury

When: Monday, September 6, 2010 9:30 AM

Where: Ojibway Park
2695 Ojibway Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125

Greetings everyone!! The weather is looking good for Labor Day – sunny and 76! I thought it might be nice to get out for a ride and a gathering afterward – picnic!

I purchased a new map that lists some great trails. I was thinking of a 22 mile route with an ~9:30am start time. Details below!

This is actually a mixture of three routes, but they are all listed as easy rides smile and scenic. Nothing to crazy…. It is a holiday after all. Beginners are welcome!! I estimate ~ 14mi/hr and our course…. The “no rider left behind” policy is in effect! This is a social ride… chatting is also expected biggrin
We will meet at Ojibway Park, 2695 Ojibway Drive, Saint Paul, MN 55125 The park entrance is reached by exiting I-494 at Valley Creek Road and heading east. Take the first right (south) on Woodlane Drive to Courtly Road. Go left (east) on Courtly and right on Ojibway Drive on block to the entrance. They have water and bathrooms.

We will depart on the path directly east of the rec center, heading to Colby Lake, winding up to Seasons Park, past to soccer fields, baseball fields up to Tamarack nature Preserve (8mi mark). Going past the DQ (if my bicycle will let me). We will take the two miles trail to Battle Creek Park, where we will do a 5mi loop before heading back to the DQ (we can definitely pause this time…. Of course to ensure we are all together). Then we will wind our way over to the Bischosliche Methodisten Church, do a loop by Carver Lake and the back toe Ojibway Park. There are several options to shorten this route, if the riders so desire (the 11mile or 4mile loops) Just let me know.

When you RSVP, please indicate what you plan to bring for the picnic, which will follow immediately. I am estimating 12:00-12:30 for lunch. I do have a small grill and some charcoal, but we will need the basics…. Ketchup, mustard, pickles, chips, soda, dessert, and I recommend we all bring our own food to grill. I would suggest you bring your own chair too, just in case. I did not reserve a shelter…. It was $85 crying

You are welcome to attend the picnic, even if you cannot attend the ride. Just please indicate in your RSVP. If you RSVP "yes", please let me know if you cannot make it. I will do a check before we depart. I will also send out my number to the attendees just prior to the event.

Please wear/bring your personal protective gear :) your food/hydration fluid of choice and, as always, your positive attitude is required!!!!!

Hope to see you all there!!! Cheers Jennifer

RSVP to this Meetup:­