Twin Cities Transplants Message Board › South of the River transplant groups?

South of the River transplant groups?

Lisa
user 100718782
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Are there any transplant meet-up groups for people south of the River, say around Burnsville?
A former member
Post #: 2
This is the only transplant meetup group I'm aware of in the Twin Cities and I've been looking literally since the 1990's. At this point, it would probably make sense to divide this group into 3 to 5 sections for the different regions or have different transplant groups for different sections of the area. I'm in downtown Minneapolis, but only 1 of the next 15 meetups is happening here and so many of the meetups for this group happen in remote suburban locations or areas of St. Paul away from downtown. This group seems more geared toward suburbanites with cars, I'd love to see a group geared more toward city dwellers who bike and use public transit instead. Kind of frustrating there are so many groups for, for example, dog owners and new mommies, but only one transplant group to try and cover an enormously expansive metro area, people with different transportation situations, etc. It would be cool to have different transplant groups with occasional "unity meetings" of all the groups at places like Mall of America and Minnehaha Falls. Sadly, I think part of the reason you don't see much transplant group activity here beyond this group is Minnesotans just don't make people very comfortable being transplants.
Annie
user 6410004
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
Here is another Burnsvillian looking for a transplant Meetup group! :) How do we get something started in our area?
Andy P
user 2818163
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 51
Are there any transplant meet-up groups for people south of the River, say around Burnsville?
If you or someone else wants to become an event organizer then by call means ask me.. I let anyone do anything for fun!