The Urban League of Greater Atlanta Young Professionals (ULGA-YP, formerly Atlanta Urban League Young Professionals / AULYP) is comprised of young professionals ages 21 to 40 across metro Atlanta who are dedicated to serving their local communities through social and community activism.
The mission of this organization, based on the strategic imperatives of the National Urban League, is simple – to provide empowerment in five core areas:
1. Education empowerment to ensure the youth in our communities are well-educated and prepared for economic self-reliance;
2. Economic empowerment for those struggling to attain economic self-sufficiency;
3. Health and quality of life empowerment to help eliminate health disparities;
4. Civic engagement and leadership empowerment to encourage all people to take an active role in influencing public policy and leadership in their communities; and
5. Civil rights and racial justice empowerment to promote and ensure civil rights in all aspects of American society.
We accomplish this by supporting the Urban League of Greater Atlanta (ULGA) locally and engaging young professionals in ULGA’s movement towards the achievement of social and economic equality. ULGA-YP works to strengthen our members by encouraging them to achieve balance in their lives as they work to strengthen their communities.