Revision 825 -2010.09.11pst1251: Short group URL http://Meetup.com/u/v7x (for twitter, etc):
L6CBY8: * = While the founders & leaders of this group are Unitarian Universalists(UU) and this group is done in the spirit of UU (minus the politics), the names “Unitarian Universalist” and “Unitarian Universalism” and “UU” are not owned by this group and while this group would like to be endorsed by the name owners, in the meantime this group runs independently and by its own funding and no official affiliation, connection, association, approval, endorsement, or sponsorship by the name owners should be assumed. However, for everyone's benefit, I strongly encourage you to encourage the name owners to endorse us!
This chapter and parent organization fully matches UU guidelines as best as known,
so is awaiting official UU endorsement — why this group's currently Private
(though temporarily public to share this weekend's community events protesting Quran burning).
So you can see everything, and be ready & notified at that time, and show your support,
Please join now! —you can signup using your Facebook login. L6FAFG
The Orange County, California, US, chapter of
UUYA! (Unitarian Universalist* YOUNG ADULTS! International)
“for Orange County's UU & UU-curious Young Adults (appearing 18 to 30s) and their supporters”
“your one-stop shopping for all UU Young Adult things in the area:
events, discussions, groups, people, everything!”
- “STRONGLY "YOUNG ADULT": Networking & connections (#1), building relationships of all sorts (friends, family, romance, business, & spiritual), dating/singles, hot music & tunes, adventure, partying, dancing, singing, clubbing, outdoors, sports, military, political debate, social action, personal growth, career & family starting, college & trade-school, high tech & modern (Meetup.com & Web 2.0, smartphones, YouTube, Twitter), discovery, travel, and more!”
- What the heck is UU?? See §L2N032 in (Unitarian Universalism (UU) is inclusive & cool! L2MYPI).
- “BEING A UUYA! MEMBER AND POSTER IS FREE (free to join, free to post, free photo & profile directory of all members, etc, and no tithing required!), thanks to the chapter's head organizer who pays ~$15/mo so this is
- HOSTED ON MEETUP.COM, the leading local-group web-hosting service, operating world-wide, and outperforming Yahoo Groups, Facebook Groups, eVite,... seeming everything. Meetup's like MySpace but IN-PERSON (face-to-face, what a "concept"! Meetup's goal is to MEET-UP!). And UNLIKE Facebook, Meetup respects your privacy (use a pseudonym or just first name), essential to protect your freedom of speech so your personal life doesn't permanently get onto your business resume and you can safely speak your mind, participate in controversial groups, and more.
- And most events are free or quite inexpensive (if they are typical Meetup.com events).” And...
- We're a proud follower & endorser of
Universal Rules & Guidelines for Meetup.com L2PFGY!
- “If you're not a member of a physical UU congregation, or even if you've never heard of UU before, that's fine! If this group sounds like it could be a match, join!
To join, you need to Be “a UU or UU-curious Young Adult (appearing 18 to 30s) in the area OR a supporter”,
but you do NOT need to be a member of a physical UU congregation
--join a physical UU congregation only when you are ready, and when you found one you like!”
-- 4 quotes from the UUYA! International site: http://Blogger.LoveRules.Info/2009/10/krl2tu.html;
As we are a tiny group, it is critical here that you constructively speak-up and volunteer for something and ideally come up with Ideas! (use our Ideas menu). Including:
- RSVP with constructive comments to our events (yes, ideally every event (there are only a few), yes even if you're not coming)
constructively saying "why" your coming or not and what disinterests & interests you in it. For instance, as our member Craig P RSVPed NO with “I will be out of town but I like the spirit of this. Thanks.”. Constructive comments are always appreciated, but especially important (and polite) when saying NO.
- Being UU starts now: Live up to UU principles #1&2 (“The inherent worth and dignity of every person” & “Justice, equity and compassion in human relations”) and
give constructive feedback & comments, especially in reply to an invite to a tiny group.
You can also learn more about us at our About page of UUYA! of Orange County,CA,US KRL9T3 aka http://Meetup.com/UUYA-US-CA-OC/about, as this quote:
SO, ARE YOU A YOUNG ADULT in Orange County seeing some sense in UU thinking?
OR DO YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THE CAUSE?
Then JOIN US NOW! —you can signup using your Facebook login
(And heads-up: When joining and on your group profile,
SELECT “Email me when this Meetup Group's message board is updated”
else you won't be alerted when someone speaks to the group.)
“ORANGE COUNTY UU LEADERS, please assist in making this new group & organization a success.” --see special msg for you at end of About page.
--above is the description of the Meetup group Unitarian Universalist YOUNG ADULTS! of Orange County,CA,US (from a Writely source published on Meetup and (with Copyright & History) on LoveRules.Info)
PLEASE CONSTRUCTIVELY COMMENT ON THIS PAGE, ideally where all can see (on http://Meetup.com/UUYA-US-CA-OC/messages/boards/thread/7895790 else on http://Blogger.LoveRules.Info/2009/10/krlcej.html ) else click on the creator's profile DestinyArchitect then “Send email”.