addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

UX Book Club NYC Message Board › Make it So: UX of Science Fiction

Make it So: UX of Science Fiction

volkan u.
user 3537266
Astoria, NY
Post #: 6
I'm sure some of you are aware there is a new book by Rosenfeld Media, called Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons From Science Fiction. As a diehard Trekkie, I hope we get a chance to discuss it in, hopefully, not too distant future:

Make It So
INTERACTION DESIGN LESSONS FROM SCIENCE FICTION

Many designers enjoy the interfaces seen in science fiction films and television shows. Freed from the rigorous constraints of designing for real users, sci-fi production designers develop blue-sky interfaces that are inspiring, humorous, and even instructive. By carefully studying these "outsider" user interfaces, designers can derive lessons that make their real-world designs more cutting edge and successful.

http://rosenfeldmedia...­
Ray D.
user 6774494
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
Definitely on my to-read list!