Apr 24, 2013 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Thanks to Nick and Wellspring for hosting us this month! This event is BYO - so feel free to pack some food/drinks.
Selected by popular vote, our next book will be Lean UX by Gothelf & Seiden.
"The Lean UX approach to interaction design is tailor-made for today’s web-driven reality. In this insightful book, leading advocate Jeff Gothelf teaches you valuable Lean UX principles, tactics, and techniques from the ground up—how to rapidly experiment with design ideas, validate them with real users, and continually adjust your design based on what you learn.
Inspired by Lean and Agile development theories, Lean UX lets you focus on the actual experience being designed, rather than deliverables. This book shows you how to collaborate closely with other members of the product team, and gather feedback early and often. You’ll learn how to drive the design in short, iterative cycles to assess what works best for the business and the user. Lean UX shows you how to make this change—for the better.
- Frame a vision of the problem you’re solving and focus your team on the right outcomes
- Bring the designers’ toolkit to the rest of your product team
- Share your insights with your team much earlier in the process
- Create Minimum Viable Products to determine which ideas are valid
- Incorporate the voice of the customer throughout the project cycle
- Make your team more productive: combine Lean UX with Agile’s Scrum framework
- Understand the organizational shifts necessary to integrate Lean UX"
Please remember that you can come to the meeting even if you haven't read the book, though we do ask that you make an effort to familiarize yourself with the topic.
Why are we charging an RSVP fee? See here.
Please note: RSVPs will close the day before the event so we can give our host an accurate head-count.
Hope to see you soon!