Happy Friday UX communities, (sorry for the double post if you are also on ia-55 list)
We are hiring two to three Senior UX Designers for new clients. Please reply to me privately with your resume and work samples, and do not hit the reply button.
Senior UX Designer
PHENOMENON is a creative think-tank of the world’s leading consumer marketers, designers, and
storytellers. Our leadership and management include experience from Apple, Digitas, Coca-Cola,DDB, ideo, and Dentsu. Our team constitutes best-in-class thinkers with backgrounds in brand marketing, consumer strategy, advertising, social networking, television content creation, retail, consumer technology and experience design. We work in small dedicated groups, tackling each project with the exact skillset required. Our focus is always on impartial marketing and creative efficiency. We are headquartered in Los Angeles, but work around the world.
We are seeking a senior-level User Experience Designers with extensive experience working in fast-paced, client-driven environments. Experience with eCommerce sites, tablet-based interaction and mobile devices is a must.
Our ideal candidate is responsible for all aspects of the user-centered design process, from user research through design implementation. This person will design, and analyze user research activities and leverage the findings into cohesive site architectures, wireframes, and functional specification documentation for web sites and
You will actively collaborate with Clients, Account Executives, Digital Strategists, Producers, Creative Directors, Designers, Copy Writers, SEO and Technology Team to integrate user-centered design, technology and business strategy.
· Meet with Clients for requirements gathering, perform heuristic evaluation and present best
· Analyze client business needs and design user research activities and usability testing initiatives
· Analyze UX research results and strategize with clients and team, develop personas, scenarios, task analysis and user flows, and translate them into thoughtful UX strategy presentations.
· Translate complex concepts into well thought
out interactive experiences, create taxonomy, site maps and navigational models that are aligned with the defined UX strategy and business requirements
· Create clear and detail-oriented annotated wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization
· Present UX strategy, and other deliverables to team members and clients. Articulate user experience issues and concerns, and design principles, approaches and solutions.
· Collaborate with visual designers on comps and provide input from an information
architecture, user experience perspective
· Collaborate with technical team, consult and QA during implementation to ensure thoughtful user interaction was correctly transferred during site build
Essential Skills and Experience:
· 5+ years dedicated experience in information architecture and interaction design for web sites/application, with a
focus on eCommerce and touch UI
· Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, design, or computer science
· Agency or large in house UX team experience
· Proficiency in Omnigraffe and Adobe suite.
· Ability to lead User Centered Design initiatives from inception through implementation.
· Working knowledge of User Centered Design principles and practices, extensive experience in
user research and information design.
· Proven track record of address user needs in the context of business goals, branding, and requirements.
· Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate design rationale to internal team as well as clients
· Excellent analytical, creative, organization, and multi-tasking skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively.
· Ability to collaborate with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists.
+++When applying for this position please include your resume, salary requirements and work samples (site maps, wireframes, research plans, etc.).+++
Phenomenon offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off and opportunities for travel throughout the US and Europe. As part of our team, you’ll have the ability to work with some of the most creative minds in the business as we tackle fun, complex challenges across a variety of consumer-drive enterprises and channels of entertainment. If you are one of the best and brightest in your field and you’re looking to position yourself for the future, this is a great opportunity.