User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › Great Entry Level Opportuntiy for a UX Research Specialist at Edmunds.com!
|A former member||
The User Experience Research team at Edmunds.com is looking for a Research Specialist to support usability, field, and remote studies. The ideal candidate will have a mix of interpersonal and technical skills. This position reports to the Director of User Experience Research.
If you or someone you know is interested in finding out more, please feel free to reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit us online to learn more at http://www.edmunds.co...
Here is a little more about the role:
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· For each study, ensure smooth process from scheduling to recruiting participants to assisting researchers as they run studies
· Manage selection of research participants
o Manage relationship with outside agency or select participants firsthand
o Write screening questionnaires to ensure we’re selecting the right categories of consumers
· Program remote studies or surveys according to plan written by Researcher
· Manage research equipment, including
o Video cameras & audio recorders
o Recording equipment for internal studies (e.g, Morae, mobile recorder)
o Remote research tools (e.g., Userzoom, UserTesting.com)
· Assist with reporting research results, which could include
o Cleaning up data files
o Editing video to create highlight video clips
o Conducting basic data analysis – calculating means and other standard analyses
· BA in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, or Marketing Research (or equivalent experience)
· Ability to quickly learn how to use new research equipment and tools
· Experience troubleshooting technical issues with research equipment
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Self-starter, can work independently as well as take direction
· Demonstrated ability in MS Office
· Fluent on both PC and Mac
· Experience working in an office setting
· Video editing experience
· Experience with Morae usability recording software and/or survey software
· Experience working on large volume consumer website and/or in automotive space
I look forward to hearing back!