User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › User Experience Designer - Culver City

User Experience Designer - Culver City

Quito B.
user 11941246
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
Hi All!

Our UX group at Possible Worldwide LA (formerly known as Schematic in Culver City) is hiring! Feel free to email me if you have questions and I'll try my best to answer. I'm not a recruiter, but joined the UX group a year ago.

Position: User Experience (UX) Designer

Job Description:
Possible World Wide LA is a global interactive agency that employs the most talented, agile and influential minds in the industry. The User Experience Designer role is a part of the User Experience Department and would work on multidisciplinary project teams. It is the responsibility of the UXD to advocate for the end user and bring forth influencing marketplace trends and behaviors.

User Experience Designer
Key Responsibilities

Conceptualize new solutions for a digital world
Tirelessly advocate for the user and their needs
Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration
Champion collaboration and team building

Required Skills

Design Skills: Creativity grounded in critical thinking and the ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations, either at the macro or micro levels
User Experience Basics: Building documents that define functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through wireframes, site-maps, process flowcharts, page description diagrams and other documentation
Storytelling: A mastery of connecting design solutions over time; an ability to create presentations, interaction designs or social media and marketing strategies
Business Savvy: The ability to understand the relationships between design, business, brand and technology
Ability to adapt, plan and organize in a constantly changing environment
Qualifications

Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic or Industrial Design, Computer Science, HCI, Fine Arts, Architecture, Library Sciences or related areas; or equivalent experience

All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. For each project, please describe the project, team, your role and contribution.

Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of professional experience in time-based media, strong information visualization skills and comfortable working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams.

We foster a casual dress, highly collaborative, high kinetic work environment. Possible World Wide is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit us at www.possibleworldwide.com for more information about our company.