User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › Sr. Human Factors Engineer - Information Architecture/UI design
Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Human Factors Engineer - Information Architecture/UI design, process expertise –
Contract to hire
Sunnyvale or Glendale, California
We are today one of the world's largest telecommunication companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work as a chief user advocate on each project team responsible for promoting user needs while integrating recommendations of the project team and translating business and user requirements into a workable, efficient solution.
• Work within the Consumer Products group to plan, develop, and perform user research and usability activities (including heuristic evaluations, usability testing and other testing methods) across YP.COM consumer products,
• Responsible for researching, designing, and documenting user interfaces and features
• Production and maintenance of Information Architecture and User Experience deliverables such as wireframes, personas, site maps, task flows, etc.
• Responsible for innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, and navigation
• Work within a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders, project managers, engineers, and designers to refine and transform user needs into usable user interfaces.
• Reports to Director, Consumer User Experience
• Master’s Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or related discipline.
• Interest in user research/usability testing methodologies and user-centered design
• Experience with planning and execution of usability testing strategies
• 3-4 years experience in information architecture/user interface design and relevant application (Visio, Illustrator, etc.) and design process expertise
• Expertise in information architecture deliverables including wireframes and site maps
• Knowledge of general user interface design guidelines, usability engineering methods
• Excellent collaborative, verbal, and written communication skills
• Excellent multi tasking skills