align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › What UX career paths lead to professional success and satisfaction?

What UX career paths lead to professional success and satisfaction?

Marcella M.
Marcella_M
Group Organizer
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 129
Hey UXPA'ers!
There's a really good thread/discussion going on at Linkedin via IXDA. You have to be logged into Linkedin to see the thread.

What UX career paths lead to professional success and satisfaction?
Matt Dente
Principal & Designer, Fell Swoop LLC
Top Contributor
I've been asking many UX pros this question. Through one-on-one interviews and an online survey I've uncovered some interesting insights. I'm collecting these insights to share with a group of students. My goal; help new UX students make choices that are right for them, that lead to happiness and professional success, however they define it.

What are your thoughts on this topic? What would you tell a student about to embark on their UX career today? If you have some thoughts, share them here, complete the survey (surveymonkey.com/s/uxcareersatisfaction­), or reach out to me to participate in a one-on-one interview.