User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › Webinar and "Intro to UX" Events this week - UXPALA

Webinar and "Intro to UX" Events this week - UXPALA

Marcella M.
Marcella_M
Group Organizer
Santa Monica, CA
Hi UXPA'ers!
We've got a few events coming up this week that I wanted to make you aware of.
Tuesday May 6, 2014 — 7:30-8:45 pm
Webinar: Discussion with Author Everette McKay - UI Is Communication­
UXPALA is honored to be hosting an interview with Author of the book UI is Communication — Everette Mckay. We'll be interviewing McKay about his book and career in this 1-hour Wedinar. During the interview you'll be able to post or tweet in questions for Mckay using the hashtag #UIComm.
Wednesday May 7, 2014 — 6:00 - 7:30 pm General Assembly — Downtown LA
Intro to User Experience Design and Principles
Given by — Me­!
I'll be speaking about UX Design and Principles at GA's new offices in Downtown LA. Here's a little blurb:
This class will take place at our Downtown LA location.
This class aims to demystify UX by giving a practical and simple introduction to what UX is, while also explaining some of its core concepts of usability. This is a field that affects all areas of business, so prepare to dip your toes into an ocean of new concepts and ideas that will enlighten your perspective on the human-computer interaction experience. This class will give you a practical and simple introduction to what UX is.
Hope you tune into Mckay's talk tomorrow night and find yourself in DTLA Wednesday night to cheer me on!
Best Regards,
Marcella Missirian
Linkedin­ Twitter­