User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › June 19th, Networking Techniques for Professional Success - Dinner Meeting 6-9pm

June 19th, Networking Techniques for Professional Success - Dinner Meeting 6-9pm

Barbara T.
ShaynaBarbara
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
I'm helping to get the word out for our AITP-LA June 19th, Networking Techniques for Professional Success - Dinner Meeting 6-9pm. At: Courtyard by Marriott – LA Westside, 6333 Bristol Parkway, Culver City 90230 310-484-7000.

Kevin Reilly is a deeply accomplished speaker and educator--so even though I think I'm pretty proficient in networking, I'm almost certain to learn something new. I always look forward to seeing friends and making new connections at AITP-LA meetings.
Best,
Barbara T.

Barbara L Thurston, CSM PMP MBA
AITPLA Membership and Outreach
D: 310 306-3425
M: 818 642-1070

Meeting and Registration Info:
Networking Techniques for Professional Success

We all understand that networking is important for developing our professional careers. The trick is how to employ the networking techniques that give you the most “bang for the buck”. Although there are many networking techniques to expand your professional networks, perhaps the most effective technique is volunteering.
In this presentation, Kevin Reilly will share with you the reasons why volunteering is such a successful networking technique, and his own personal volunteering and networking success stories, plus provide useful tips about leveraging volunteering to fit your goals. Specific steps are: understanding the benefits of volunteering and networking; analyzing your skills; determining your volunteering and networking goals; selecting the right organizations; leveraging your volunteer time to include networking. Bring your questions!

BRING YOUR BUSINESS CARDS

Signup Information: http://a3.acteva.com/...­

Note: Registration on Acteva can be tricky.
1. On the Order Completion page, checkmark the Refund Policy box, click the Paypal/credit card logo. then select Complete Order.
2, On the next screen, choose Pay with debit or credit card, and complete the credit card information (assuming you don't use PayPal) click Continue.
3. On the next screen, click Complete order. Acteva registration customer service will help you if any difficulties. 877-855-8646.

PRICE: Dinner & Program: Members $28 in Advance, $35 at the Door. Non-members $35 in Advance, $45 at the Door. For more information, call the chapter telephone at 562-928-5353 or contact Roger Lux at 562-964-1888

KEEP IN TOUCH TWO WAYS -
1.) Join our LinkedIn Group at: http://www.linkedin.c...­ and enter “aitp-la”.
2.) For the timeliest AITP event notices, send your email address to: vp@aitp-la.org
Twitter: @AITP_LA