User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › Contract and FT mid level UXA needed for LAX area
My client is seeking a midlevel full time and contract UXA for their Product Development Group. This is an exciting time for my client and with their growth and innovation comes an exciting opportunity to be part of their leading edge product development group made up of smart, creative, collaborative, sophisticated, driven professionals.
You: Love UXA and are seeking an opportunity to apply your meticulous design skills to an organization that values the perfectionist in you, the collaborator in you, the person who doesn’t sleep so well until it’s right. You want to grow your skills and want a company that will foster that, nurture your skills and help you flourish.
Them: Smart working, innovative, a little anal about their products being great. Meticulous and overall great people to know and work with. Fantastic leadership partnered with empowered teams make up one of the best places to work in the city…actually most anywhere!
What they are looking for you in you:
User Experience Architect
My clients Product Development Group is looking for a full-time and contract User Experience specialist to contribute to high profile projects with the nation’s biggest Satellite TV provider. This person will be working in the context of a multi-channel experience across different platforms such as web, mobile, and set top box. The solutions include content, e-commerce, and interactive applications while working on a dedicated scrum team within an agile-based development methodology.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about designing and developing a fantastic user experience on the net. This role would take direction from the Manager of User while working with other teams to execute projects.
• Contribute to large web development projects in a fast-paced online environment interacting with business analysts, information architects, visual designers, and web developers
• Translate business objectives and strategies into coordinated interactive design focused on our end-users
• Craft visual specifications including wireframes, mockups, flow diagrams, mobile devices, conceptual diagrams, task flows and site maps
• Develop and refine business and web objectives based upon target audience characteristics, goals, tasks and processes
4+ years of web and interactive design experience with a solid understanding of user experience planning principles and how they apply to the interactive space
• BA degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Science strongly preferred
• Understanding of and experience with: user-centered design techniques, on-line user behavior as it relates to interactive design and rich media, development of organizational/structural concepts for Web site and application of content management, personalization, targeting and searching systems
• Preparation and ownership of IA documentation (site architectures, wire frames, use cases and task flows, etc.)
• Conduct research on competitive sites, latest techniques and have a solid understanding of user testing
• Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
• Highly organized multitasking expert: manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand how to work with deliverables, requirements and limitations
• Comfortable working in a team environment and collaborating with business analyst, visual designers, front-end integrators, producers, and developers
• Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Experience and interest in online content delivery and entertainment a plus
• Strong understanding of the following software required: MS Office, MS Visio, Sharepoint, and Adobe Acrobat
Interested candidates should include the link to an online portfolio or attach several examples that demonstrate:
• Ability to work on a diverse and wide variety of web-based projects
• Ability to concept for the ‘anything is possible’ scenarios
• Wireframes accompanied by a comprehensive set of user specifications
• Progress of an idea of yours from initial concept to going live (WebTrend analysis, competitive benchmarking, research, user interviews, prototype creation, user testing etc.)
To reiterate, I need one midlevel contractor and one midlevel Full Time employee. Please email your resume and work samples/portfolio link to me for consideration with best times to reach you and salary/hourly requirements (please keep in mind this is midlevel and therefore the dollars are also)
Thanks so much!!